AI 338 Lap Mag AWM

nthor

Hi All,

New to the site so if I have this in the wrong area please let me know.

I could do with some advise on value as I cant see any for sale to compare used market price.

I am thinking of selling one of my rifles (to fund a trip to Disney for my son) I have an AI 338 in Dark Earth, (solid stock not folding) Adjustable cheek, AI bi-pod, AI 34mm one piece scope mount. Its in as new condition no marks at all, no signs of any barrel/ throat ware and round counts is c700.

I have someone showing interest at £2500 but I am thinking its worth more.

Thanks in advance

Nigel

post-11739-0-71413800-1355604295_thumb.jpg

welcome to the site, there are some members on here who iam sure will be along shortly who will help you out

enjoy the site

Hi Nthor welcome to the forum. i would think that £2500 was a gift for a AI 338 when you look at new price and taking into consideration that AI dont lose that much when used i take again into account that a 338 lapua is not a rifle that will sell maybe as fast as a 308 but it is still a expensive rifle and a AI if it was mine i would hold out for more money all the best with sale

£2500 is a very fair price for a 338 with 700 rounds down it.

338,s are 338,s in the UK. Very few places to actually shoot them, which limits your resale somewhat.

A commodity is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it.

You know how much you paid for it in the first place and it depends how much you want to sell it.

As most others have stated it's a 338 and there wont be a queue around the block of potential buyers especially at this time of year

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Just thought I would share with you something that happened last year:

Two friends and I went to WMS in Wales (great day out if you have not been) anyway we were shooting at 800m into some steel plates before pushing back later in the day to 1400m. Jon who works at WMS was spotting for me and I had placed three shots onto a white steel plate when he told the others not to engage the target I had just put three shots into. we had a break 10 mins later and Jon said I am going to drive down and paint the targets again, come with me.

We got to the steel plate and Jon when looking for a piece of slate that just covered the group size, he also painted this white(no idea why at this point)

We got back to the canteen and he then wrote my name and the date on the stone and it now hangs on the wall at WMS, reason being was it was 60mm, what got the attention of Jon was the weather was poor at best and I had fired without a rear support.

My view was the wind and wobble just all fell in line and delivered a freak set of shots, hay ho, later in the day we managed to nail the fox steel plate at 1000m, when we went to 1400m the rain was so bad at times the fall of shot into the backstop was not viable so called it a day. Been to WMS three times now (rained every time, but still a fun day.

Archived