REMINGTON 700 VTR .308

Now it may be time for me to eat humble pie!! (well actually I said I would eat my hat IIRC)

I swore I would NEVER own or even entertain the idea of owning a REMINGTON 700 of any description, but I have to say I am rather smitten with the looks of the new 700 VTR, admittedly it is a rather quirky looking beastie, but................ I like it!

I am seriously considering one and maybe dropping my existing .308.............?

What are the opinions of you learned gentlemen??

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...el_700_vtr.asp

I had a buddy of mine contact me about one I spotted in a neighboring city. It was a .223 that was selling for $700 US. We talked about me picking it up and shipping to to his dealer and he decided to wait out a test report or three. I'd advise the same. Remington hasn't exactly been hitting home-runs with their products lately. (forgive the baseball parlance...) ~Andrew

Neco, if they have just been released in the states it will be 18 months to 2 years before they appear in this country, thats of course if the importers can be bothered to bring them in.

Have you ever tried getting a Remmy thats a little out of the ordinary or one of the less popular calibres???? nuff said

Ian.

Hey troopers !!! Guess what i just bought ??? Tired of being left on the bench i thought i would join you guys in being a Remy owner...

Not to be outdone, i've not spared the kitty at all. I've gone for the latest model with all the bells and whistles avail.

Only the latest materials have gone into my Remy. Composites, stainless steel and titanium !!!

Feast your eyes on this boys and drool away.... :(:(:lol:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Remy_F7.JPG

Archived