AR10 Type Bolthead

Hi,

As per Topic Title, as I don't have one to hand, does anyone know the diameter of an AR10 type bolthead across the locking lugs? This is for a potential long term project that will probably take a year to 18 months to mature. In a similar vein, if there is a good CAD draughtsman in the S.W. London/Surrey/Sussex area who would like to be involved please send me a PM.

Not quite 'gunsmithing for food' but I can offer discounts, equipment and shooting along with a commision on sales,

Alan

Did you ever get that measurement? I can dig out my AR-10 if you still need the measurements.~Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Baldie kindly measured his AR10 and came up with a figure of .890". Unlike the M16/AR15 there is little standardisation of dimensions across AR10's made by different companies. If you have a different figure I should be grateful to know of it,

Many thanks,

Alan

Hi Andrew,

Baldie kindly measured his AR10 and came up with a figure of .890". Unlike the M16/AR15 there is little standardisation of dimensions across AR10's made by different companies. If you have a different figure I should be grateful to know of it,

Many thanks,

Alan

Sure Alan,

I'll get it after work tonight.~Andrew

Archived