Bore Guides for Tikka 595/695

Hello,

Does anyone know where to get a good bore guide that actually fits the above Tikka Rifles.

I have tried the Stoney Point bore guides (with varying amounts of success) but wondered if there is anyone who has experience of good bore guides for Tikka 595/695 rifles.

Thanks in advance of any experiences / suggestions.

Stephen.

I have a pro shot one with ajustable guide for a Rem 700, it fits my own Tikka 595 - to a fashion, well enough for cleaning anyway.

Sinclair do some Delrin guides that can be adapted to lock into the bolt way - alternative is measure your bolt - have a resoursful chap with lathe make you own guide out of ally.....

Guest varmartin

I use the Delrin guides from sinclairs...there as good as you can get.

An `O` ring holds them in and seals the chamber.

If they are like the Sako`s..just measure the bolt diameter and order correct size. ;)

Martin

I make all my own out of surgical grade delrin. All you need is a length [ebay] buy a piece 1" in diameter, and as ronin says, a mate with a lathe will turn it up easily.All you need is the bolt diameter, and bore a hole just big enough for the brush/jag.

Another alternatice is this guy Lucus, I have had 2 from him now and they are good, they extend out further than a normal bore guide and also have a bush on the end closley matched to the size of your cleaning rod (0.010 bigger) this in theory should provide a bit more support for the cleaning rod, dont know if it really does but it cant hurt. He takes paypal and its a real hassle free set-up, just email him with you action type, calibre and cleaning rod diameter and he will ship you the guide once he recives the paypal payment, you will have it within a week. I think shipped to the UK they cost in around $50, which at the minute is only £25, good value.

RSD do both the stoney point and the pro shot ones, but with all, you need to measure the bolt diameter with caliper or micrometer and order from that rather than the model of rifle, the pro shot delrin ones are ok and cheap enough I have both and a couple of home made ones, they all work well enough. There is also Midway UK where you can order online.

Redfox

Another alternatice is this guy Lucus, I have had 2 from him now and they are good, they extend out further than a normal bore guide and also have a bush on the end closley matched to the size of your cleaning rod (0.010 bigger) this in theory should provide a bit more support for the cleaning rod, dont know if it really does but it cant hurt. He takes paypal and its a real hassle free set-up, just email him with you action type, calibre and cleaning rod diameter and he will ship you the guide once he recives the paypal payment, you will have it within a week. I think shipped to the UK they cost in around $50, which at the minute is only £25, good value.

Another vote for Lucas, excellent gear.

A

Archived