Hi all , New here, i shoot Long Range Benchrest in Australia .. Could someone point me to an area or site to view the past full results from 500met FLY / 600 yd bench and 1000yd bench .. It would be interesting to me to compare with another country and there are not too many places in the world that shoot these same matchs..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Hi all , New here, i shoot Long Range Benchrest in Australia .. Could someone point me to an area or site to view the past full results from 500met FLY / 600 yd bench and 1000yd bench .. It would be interesting to me to compare with another country and there are not too many places in the world that shoot these same matchs..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Hi Jeff,

Go to the UKBRA website at www.6ppc.co.uk for our 100, 600 and 1000 yd BR results plus Fly and Egg Shoot.

Say 'hello' to Stuart Elliott for me next time you see him.

Vince

Thanks for that info Vince , I notice you guys shoot 4 targets in a match ,we shoot only 2 and most of the US IBS matches are a single target plus a shoot off .. I envy you your 4 targets but we don't have enough benches to get 4 through in a day ,mine is only a small club .. The 4 target set up would certainly make it harder to get the Agg down small as well.. There is only a small representation from the Heavy Guns ,is there a reason for that ?.. I'm sold on the big guns and have been shooting that class since 2003.. Thanks again..JR..Jeff Rogers ..ps a pic of my home range

Hi Jeff,

Go to the UKBRA website at www.6ppc.co.uk for our 100, 600 and 1000 yd BR results plus Fly and Egg Shoot.

Say 'hello' to Stuart Elliott for me next time you see him.

Vince

post-11627-0-77964000-1350251251_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff, Welcome on board,,

Glad to have a fellow br shooter from another country,,,,

Darrel ;)

Thanks for that info Vince , I notice you guys shoot 4 targets in a match ,we shoot only 2 and most of the US IBS matches are a single target plus a shoot off .. I envy you your 4 targets but we don't have enough benches to get 4 through in a day ,mine is only a small club .. The 4 target set up would certainly make it harder to get the Agg down small as well.. There is only a small representation from the Heavy Guns ,is there a reason for that ?.. I'm sold on the big guns and have been shooting that class since 2003.. Thanks again..JR..Jeff Rogers ..ps a pic of my home range

Jeff,

That's an impressive backstop!

Heavy Gun? Not a lot of interest but a few of our F Class Open shooters like to give 1000 yard BR a go - but, they only shoot 5-shot groups like the rest of us.

For next season, we're hoping to included them in Light Gun by having two categories - up to 17lb with muzzle-brake or up to 22lbs, no brake. Hopefully this might pull in a few more shooters though we are regularly getting over 30 at our matches.

Vince

Thanks for the info Vince , not that many F/class guys swing over to 1K br over here once they are over 17lbs but most seem interested in just trying to get the best they can from the gun in shooting this match.. Have had a few over the years with dedicated F outfits try our matches but have never stayed except in trying to get a better setup for their primary competition purposes.. Tough ask getting a 10 kg F/Gun to compete side by side with a full on IBS style Heavy gun which is why our club has included a * F/ class at the bench class* so that the F guys compete together and not against my gun each match .. I'm for what ever gets more bums on seats so to speak so it's all good .. Still your right we would have only 20 to 25 % of the guns competing in H/G at any time so it's still a L/G world .. If the planets ever align every now and again and i get a better group agg with 10 shots over the L/G guys with 5 then i must admit to rubbing it in a bit! ..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Jeff,

That's an impressive backstop!

Heavy Gun? Not a lot of interest but a few of our F Class Open shooters like to give 1000 yard BR a go - but, they only shoot 5-shot groups like the rest of us.

For next season, we're hoping to included them in Light Gun by having two categories - up to 17lb with muzzle-brake or up to 22lbs, no brake. Hopefully this might pull in a few more shooters though we are regularly getting over 30 at our matches.

Vince

• 3 weeks later...

Archived