6-6.5x47

i was rely wanting to no what sort of group could be shot with the 6x47 lapua

cheers stu

my only 1000yd match got me a smallest group of 7.75" my next best was a 8.225 after that the other groups with bad wind reading really knocked my agg up.this was with 105 bergers.the last 1000yd match is next sunday so if the wind gods are kind im hoping to reduce my group size.we will see!

i was rely wanting to no what sort of group could be shot with the 6x47 lapua

cheers stu

The 'small' sixes are excellent 600 yard calibres - be it 6mmBR, 6mm Dasher, Swiss Match, 6-6.5x47 Lapua. In the right gun, in the right hands, they will all go around 2 inches for 5 shots at 600 yards. When you get lucky, they will go lower. The American record is around half an inch but the UK record stands at 1.33 inches.

Yes, we will occasionally shoot that tiny fluke group when plinking (I once shot an inch group at 300 yards with a 45-90 black-powder cartridge rifle with iron sights!) but sit down at a bench, in competition and do it in the seven minutes allowed - then you get an idea of what your rifle will do. Smallest group in 2011/12 was just under two with a 6mmBR and of course, our Darrell has shot a 1.8 incher if I remember, with his 6.5x47 AI

Incidentally, our 600 yard winter benchrest series kicks off at Diggle on November 17th - why not come along and find out what your rifle will really do?

Vince

Archived