AI Bipod Friction Lock

I shot the Enfield Challenge on Sunday at Ash ETR, due to some mobility problems I was allowed to shoot all four practices from the fire trench and not be part of the actual competition.

This was the first time out on an ETR with the AE MkIII, my first practice realised 37 ex 40, I had set the scope magnification too high and completely missed the 200 Fig 11! :o

My second shoot produced 36 ex 40, I had a misfire close to the end of the third practice. This was a job lot of RG black spot from a friend, the round showed a good clear strike but had failed to detonate. :ph34r:

My third practice (and the reason this is in the bipod section) was a disaster!

I failed to hit the 300 yard target. In fact the control room decided that there must be something wrong with the targetry given my sterling performance earlier in the day, :rolleyes: duly moved to another lane I still failed to hit the 300 fig 11 and at one point missed the 200 fig 11, although I did notice a ground splash to the left and beyond the target, the wind was coming from directly behind.

Once home and wondering where to start the post mortem I discovered the bipod friction lock was about as loose and sloppy as it can get, was this my downfall?

Archived