Laser genetics

Crusader

Has anyone had any actual experience with these units , only asking as there are 2 versons one being the sub zero model which according to the web site is for colder conditions , does this then mean that the other model will not work in cold conditions or that it just eats batteries at a fast rate,

Thanks

I'm using a sub zero on my .22-250. Taken shots from 50 to 250 yards with it, no problem. It doesn't seem to spook a fox as much as the lamp, I've found it best to use the lamp for spotting then switch to the sub zero. The only issue I've had is with the mount, which is useable but not ideal. I find it best to fill the reticle with the beam and leave it alone. Although I have tightened it down to a spot and used it to mark shots for the driver to walk to the shot (obviously with the rifle made safe with bolt removed and not looking back!)

Rich

ello pal nice to see a leicester based chap,is n laser genetics the nd3 ect if so save your pennys and go ns 50 or 200 nd3 ect is rubbish in my humble opinion.

mike

IMO when they marketed the ND3/ND5 they made the mistake of comparing it to night vision, which it is certainly not.

I've used one on my 17hmr when taking my son out for a few rabbits, its not as anti socialable as NV when shooting with company, unless you can afford 2 spotters :lol: Plus I'm not sure I'd want my son suffering the eye strain associated.

They are certainly pretty powerful and they dont appear to spook quarry as much, and I have never had any problems using the non sub zero in the cold, but there must be something to it if they felt the need to bring out that model.

They are very expensive for what you get really. As a possible alternative, I've following various threads on other forums (I know, 1000 hail Mary's) about these below and they are getting good reveiws and a fair bit cheaper and available with various coloured LED's and even an IR illuminator for use with NV.

http://www.nightmaster.co.uk/

Steve

I solved the problem of the "dodgy" mount on my ND3-sub zero by purchasing a mount made by "InovaTech" which is designed for their scope mounted torches,.......another £45 but i didn't pay full price for my ND3. The beauty of one of these torches is the total lack of flaring of the beam, common to all other makes LED or otherwise.Was quite impressed with mine after saturday nights outing with my brother "No bull". We lit up roe and muntjack with the torch,and they didn't even look in our direction, on top of that i nailed a 224 yd dog fox using the .222 with the ND3 ;)

PS "OPTIMUS" do virtually an identical torch(same green focusable beam) at less than half the price of the Laser Genetics!!

PS "OPTIMUS" do virtually an identical torch(same green focusable beam) at less than half the price of the Laser Genetics!!

Got a link? All I get are transformers :D

Archived