A couple of this months sporters.

baldie

Just finished these two for a couple of brothers.

First up is a Valkyrie 6.5 x 47 sporter. The brief was a medium weight gun that would be used primarily for stalking/foxing, with the ability for some range use.

Its a Valkyrie short action with small firing pin [best improvement this year ] 20 moa rail, and a teardrop bolt knob.

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Fitted with a Bartlien 1 in 8" twist barrel, with 18mm x 1 thread and invisible cap.

Trigger is a jewell.

IMG_1335_crop.jpg

The stock is a McMillan rem varmint, in black, grey and olive. Fully bedded, and one of my floorplate kits bedded in too. The 10 rounder is for the range. It will spend most of its life with a 5 rounder onboard.

IMG_1336_crop.jpg

Paintwork is Ceracoat H series Armour black.

Second rifle was built on a nearly new .243 sako, the customer wasn,t happy with the accuracy on.

I,ve rebarrelled it in .260 rem with a Bartlien. Unusually, its not threaded, just dish crowned. Some people dont like mods.

This was fitted with a tactical bolt knob.

IMG_1341_crop.jpg

The stock is a McMillan sako varmint, which came in marbled cammo and was duly painted in Duracoat OD green.

IMG_1338_crop.jpg

Fully bedded with Aluminium pillars and devcon for the complete length of the action, not just the front lug area, like i lot i see lately.. <_<

Topped off with the customers NXS scope and rings.

The gun is ceracoted in H series Armour black.

IMG_1339_crop.jpg

Archived