help needed with .223

smokin

was hoping the collective could offer some advice /opinions on my dilemma !

Never owned a .223 til last week when I saw and fell for the aforementioned Kimber , short chunky fox gun for truck shooting etc :rolleyes:

except I can't seem to find anything it likes both bullet or powder wise ! it's a 1-9 twist 18 1/2" tube so I assumed it would do the heavier bullets so tried the 68 hornady 10 thou off the lands and it's a shotgun ! 53 vmax the same 55 vmax again no better than an inch and a half . 55 and 50 nosler to no avail also tried benchmark , RL 15 and 322 again not a deal better . am I missing something with this stick or is it the tube lenght / cal equation

please has anyone an opinion or experience with this size of set up in a .223 :mad:

Pop in with it Simon.

Is the barrel completely floating ?

It should shoot with some of those bullets/loads. .223 is very easy to load for.

thanks guys , tried the usual suspects ,scope , barrel Chanel etc , can which is a bit strange as its supposed to be a one off nothing doing !

just tried some benchmark under a 40 gr nos and bingo first two groups in the .3s with slight vertical stringing ! rang trifle daft yesterday and they suggested same load 20 thou off the lands so seems its either seating depth or it just prefers the lighter lubbit . I will endeavour to persevere ! .

cheers ronny and speak later dave :lol:

Lets have a little wager mucker.

Its not a 1 in 9". :D

your killing dave you really are !

your also wasted as a gunsmith you ought to be on the telly :lol:

will pop over tomorrow mate . :P

Archived