"Sighting in a 6mm ppc"

The weather up here on new years day was fantastic with no wind at all!!!!!

So off we whent to sight in our rifles ready for a go at the mcqwueens comp at the diggle,,,,,

Thanks baldie for the invite!!!!!

58g ballistic tips, 29.5 grains of vit 133,,,,

One target at 200

03-01-08_2118.jpg

And one at 300

03-01-08_2119.jpg

Happy with that, all shots on target first time around???? Three in each!!!!! I think that these should be ok on the day if the famous diggle wind does not strike ????

Jay, who uses a 222 tika, Had beleive it or not had very much the same results???? I will have to get him to do a write up on his load,,, And the new bullet heads that he is using???? Boy that gun bloody shoots now!!!!

As some of you may know that my sako has been bedded?? and was it worth it??? YES!!! it is very consistant from shot to shot!!!!

All the best Darrel

He he he, looks like thats the challenge thrown down to Baldie, Rob and the rest of the "boys" :lol:

Grand job Darrel, looking forward to your visit mate. I,ll be running the 6mmbr as the new baby is waiting for a new scope.The ppc will be fine for mcqueens, i,m only running the br at 2600 fps, but i do think vld,s make a difference in the diggle wind.

Hi guys,

Yep we will be there!!!.

Looking forward to meeting all the lads!!!!

Just hope the wind stay light,But i have also loaded some 65g heads,, These should be a little bit better in the wind??

Baldie, What time do we have to be there for?????

Darrel

nice going darrel, snowed here most of the day after lunch, not such good weather for shooting groups, great for tracking foxes with the 12 gauge and a pocket ful of 3 inch magnums, which is what I did, I was out trying to shoot groups at 400 yards this morning but a blizzard opened it ass on me and I decided to grab the 12 gauge and go over some real rough mountain groud worked out well with 2 foxes in the bag and a handful of pigeons. Good luck anyhow.

10, o clock is about right Darrel, time for a cuppa and the range briefing.You must come down to the butts with us if you get chance, as its an absolute scream when the mcqueens is on, as we try and put every possible permutation into presenting the head. If its a cold windy day, Everyone will get the full 15 second delay on the first shot [when i,ve got hold of the head , anyway :lol: ]......it makes their eyes water :lol: completly legal, rules wise, but they get the lot when we are "on the head". :lol:

Baldie the 2008 calendar isnt posted on the PSSA site yet, any idea when things start?

The january dates are on the end, Andy, but i dont think stuart has had time yet to put it on the web.First mcqueens is this sunday, but the tacticals are a month or two off i think.

What an excellent days shooting, in excellent company.

Darrel made the trip up from wales, and shot the mcqueens with us, and aquitted himself admirably with his 6ppc.He shot a superb 49 ex 50 at 200 yards, and i forget what he did at 300, but he finished well up the table, and i think we have another convert! :rolleyes:

Very busy day with at least 40 shooting, possibly more, and only moderate wind, which showed in the results, as a lot of high scores went to the .308 boys, and as usual, the craic was mighty :angry:

Archived