Out tonight

Rammer223

Foxpro are a great piece of kit had mine in various models for years, tip wise

Position is vital, I usually try to place mine around 150-175 yards up wind of me so when the fox comes in it comes in between you and the caller making for a nice easy shot.

Don't play it too loud or for too long I play mine for around 20 secs or so then leave it for 5 mins.

Dont get it wet !!!!

I like to put mine in a high position so the sound travels

As soon as your fox is in range turn the call off if it gets too close he will realise something is wrong and disappear.

Andy

+ 1 on Andys advice, i find best to start off with rodent distress on low volume for 20-30 seconds then wait 5 min as sometimes there's a fox not very far away. Some of the more unusual calls can be great for wary foxes but you'll only get one chance! Have a good night :)

How much did you pay and where from. I keep fancying one

got it from bushcraft just short 200 quid really impressed with it hung it on the side telegraph pole about waist hight facing wood abount 120 yards away sat in high seat didnt have to point directly at the caller just sat with it on my lap buttons worked first time sounds ace only slight criticism volume big difference between the numbers used it on two big jumps in volume when you take it up cant see me using it past 3 very often

Archived