Rem 700 Trigger Cleaning

NICK

Did not want to Hijack the 223 Rem Trigger Thread so thought i would start a new one.

How do you clean a Rem 700 Trigger? Does it need to be removed from the Action? What Solvent and how do you apply, Should the cleaned Trigger be Lubed in any way or any Rust Preventative applied?

Any advice and tips welcome.

Cheers.

Nick.

Can't remember ever cleaning a trigger, unless I blew off any 'fluff' that may had accumulated. Solvents, oil and such are a sure way to messing the trigger up, so I would leave it well alone. If it's malfunctioning, it needs the attention of a gunsmith

Best wishes

Finman

Dead easy you dirty bugger. :lol:

Tap out the rear pin first. This will free the bolt release and spring. Remove them.

Tap out the front pin, and remove the unit. The sear and its spring will be free to fall out too, so watch out for them.

Get a can of lighter petrol. Drown the trigger in it, and give it a good fettle with a few cotton buds. There is enough lubricant in the fluid to keep it lubricated.If you have access to an airline, blow it all out.

Reassembly.

Take it to a gunsmith. :lol:

Did not realise tools and finnesse would be involved :blink: . I was thinking more of a quick blast with Millers MD5O.

Will take Finmans advice and use it untill it stops working, although i dont think it will be long as the bolt release is stuck. May even have the Action Cerokoted at the same time as its fixed :) .

Cheers.

Nick.

Archived