6.5 x 47 Lapua

between the eyes

Hi Guys, I have just been informed that after a one year wait my new 6.5 x 47 Lapua (Cooper) will be delivered before the end of the month. So I have bought some Sierra Spitzer 120 gr heads and Lapua brass, now can anyone please share with me a good load for this bullet weight, it will mainly be used for hunting not target. It's a hunting rifle, with 1 in 8 twist and a 24 inch tube.

Thanks in advance.. ;)

BTE

I agree eith "Elwwod" , i started of with 36 and gradually worked up in half grain increments ( Varget / 123gr Amax ) I ended up stopping at 38.5 gr , anything over 39 and i was getting pierced primers . My most accurate load was 36-37 gr , they were printing .2 " groups and were the same 100m zero as my 38.5 load .

matt

Strange how different rifles have different max loads. I have loaded for two 6.5x47's and found the sweet spot to be around 39.3 grains with RL15. A lad i work with uses the same load. But as elwood says probably better to start at around 37 grains and work up slowly and see what suits your rifle.

Cheers Sean

Regardless of powder and load I would recommend either CCI 450 primers or 'Russian' primers (sold as PMC here)

Good luck and I think you'll like this cartridge

Terry

BTW which model Cooper?

Regardless of powder and load I would recommend either CCI 450 primers or 'Russian' primers (sold as PMC here)

Good luck and I think you'll like this cartridge

Terry

BTW which model Cooper?

It's the Jackson Hunter Terry. Stainless steel. It's a year tomorrow since I ordered it so I'm looking forward to getting it now.

Thanks for the replies guys, plenty to get through there.

Archived