Foxing down under

dogfox1

be nice to get £10 a fox in the uk shot 204 last year and we are on 148 so far this year, be a nice bit of pocket money ;)

Many moons ago I used to skin foxes and send them to RW Cobbledicks in Bude, Cornwall,Just stretch the pelts tight, nail them to a board air dry and then send them in batches of 10 - 15. If my memory serves me well the most I got for 1 pelt was £28 -mostly is was around £5 - £10........happy days :):)

Andy

Many moons ago I used to skin foxes and send them to RW Cobbledicks in Bude, Cornwall,Just stretch the pelts tight, nail them to a board air dry and then send them in batches of 10 - 15. If my memory serves me well the most I got for 1 pelt was £28 -mostly is was around £5 - £10........happy days :):)

Andy

Yep I was gtting around £20-£25 for a good pelt :D ,but found it better to snare until I bought a 17Rem for a while then the bottom fell out of the market and that was that,mind you that was many moons ago B)

Have a mate who emigrated some years ago, he is a pro roo shooter and also shoots foxes if he fills his tag quota, not sure what money he gets but he loves it ;)

The pelt I got my best price for was actually a road kill fox I found while on holiday in the Highlands, he was a huge fox very red and had a huge main almost like a lion's!

I'm a little embarrassed to admit in those days (late 1970's) I used to use a .222 with solids for less damage.

Is there still a fur trade of any sorts in this country? I noticed a lad on the bay selling Jay wings a few months ago for fly fishing which made me smile, no doubt he got some abuse off the anti tossers!

Them where the days, wet acid batteries, car spot lamps, bulbs that would blow with the slightest knock, melting wires :lol:

Andy

Archived