Jewell Trigger Problems

SteveW

Several months ago I had a slam fire on my 220 AI. :o

So after cleaning and adjusting, all seemed well again, but then last weekend while trying to re zero after changing the scope, I had exactly the same thing happen.....a slam fire.

When I then looked at the trigger the sear adjustment screw had fallen out, luckily in the rifle case. When I got home I again cleaned the trigger and re inserted the sear screw, but now I cannot get the trigger to do anything but slam fire, so in the mean time I've changed it back to the factory trigger unit.

Can anyone offer any advice or is the someone in the UK who I can send it to for some TLC.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Jackson Rifles are set up with a ajustment jig for the Jewel trigger.

They are the main importers too.

Soundls like its more than the sear engagement thats ary Steve.

There was a run of faults a couple of years ago where a small piece within the trigger broke, I may be mistaken, but I recall the affected triggers suffered slam fires.

Maybe the same has happened here.

A call to JR wouldnt go amiss.

If they wont deal with you direct, send it up and i'll see if I can get it sorted for you (through JR).

Check the reset spring isn't broken. it has to contact the little'shoe' at the base of the centre post(sorry don't know the techy names) if it doesn't it won't reset. Had a similar problem recently( fortunately I was dry firing at the time) and a new spring fixed it.

Thank you very much Andy, I wasn't aware that J.R. were the main importers, I will call them tomorrow.

If I have no joy I will take you up on your very kind offer, thanks again.

Rabbit Fingers, I'm not that brave to risk taking it apart. :lol:

Archived