mtc taipan

iancxx

hiya,any body used a one of these,ive got a viper at the mo and it suck,s,the usual white out etc in sunshine,especially on the higher mag,nigh on impossible to track a moveing bunnie,eye positioning is all over the place,slight movement and bang no image,so need a new scope for the 204,but only got around £350 spare,had a quick look through a taipan and it seemed ok,but that was one of the early new model,s,getting the feeeling that once they get established,quality control slip,s a wee bit,

any idea,s,or info from people who have used them,,ian

Hav'nt had a tapien but did try a genisus and i hated it same troubles as you had with your viper by the sounds if it! But you have to remember the price point personally I would look for a second hand scope. You probably find a second hand leupold for that money just my 2p worth

rob

hiya rob,wouldnt mind a nice leupold,but never any around when you need a one,will just have to keep my eye,s peeled,and finger,s crossed,,ian

I have a Viper and a Taipan. MTC seem to attract comments akin to Marmite. For the money, the scope quality and for me, the SBC reticle is as good / paractical as my Nightforce NPR2, but at a 5th of the price.

The clarity of the Taipan on my .17HMR is very good and works for the range to 250 metres. The white out is resolved by head position or by easing the shade out a tad.

I agree with Danny. Winding down the mag will also help.

£350 though will secure you a secondhand Leupold or a Bushnell. Guntrader Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-12x56mm 4A Illuminated 30mm

Hiya .tried moveing the scope around for head position.ok if your shooting one spot all the time.but no good in the field.will have a look at the meopta.s..well bait time over.back to work..ian

• 3 weeks later...

still cant find a scope s/h.leupold or the like,even up to £400,well back to the interweb again,ian :rolleyes:

hiya,agree on the meopta and bushnell,thought i had a bushnell 6500 lined up,but not to be,

plus the bugger,s have stopped our overtime,and put us on a new 3 shift system,so the like,s of a sightron etc,will just have to wait for me,well of to check my lottery no,s,then bed,,ian

• 1 year later...

I have an S and B 5 -25 x 56 PM2 on my Rem 700 with MUM 2 NV. On my 22 WMR I have an MTC Taipan 6 - 24 x 56 with an A grade Archer and i cant fault it all. For Rabbits to a 100 yards its as clear as my PM2 and £ 300 instead of £ 2500, now dont get me wrong i am a huge PM2 fan but you get nothing for your £ 2500 than the scope. For £ 300 the MTC can not be faulted. 8 MTC for 1 PM2...................

I have the Viper and the Taipan. Viper on a .22 and Taipan on the .17. After years of using long range Soule sights on LR BPCRs I had a problem with whiteout too. But it's purely a matter of cheek weld and eye relief and no problem at all now - love 'em. Practice makes perfect :) And Taipan is only the Viper with allegedly better glass anyway so upgrading isn't going to make your problem go away.

C

Can someone explain what "Whiteout" means?

I have a Viper and have had no problems using it on my .204R?

Jamie

I had an mtc taipan 6-24x56 on my old weihrauch 22lr. Found it to be a very good scope for the money with really good turrets and very well put together. Couldn't fault it for the money to be honest.

Archived