Computer emailing question???

247sniper

Hi guys,

Question for you computer fellas. On windows mail, I have set up a read receipt, thinking that when the recipient has read my email my windows email will say they have read it, is that right?

Is there something I’m doing wrong as I’m still not receiving read recipes even though I have selected that option?

Any ideas guys?

Steve.

I think the person reading the email has to OK the read receipt. One way to test is to send yourself an email. Have to say I havent seen anybody use read receipts for years.

Hi guys,

Question for you computer fellas. On windows mail, I have set up a read receipt, thinking that when the recipient has read my email my windows email will say they have read it, is that right?

Is there something I’m doing wrong as I’m still not receiving read recipes even though I have selected that option?

Any ideas guys?

Steve.

I think the person reading the email has to OK the read receipt. One way to test is to send yourself an email. Have to say I havent seen anybody use read receipts for years.

Yep, recieve and read reciepts are only sent to the sender when the recipient sends them, they can recieve the email without sending a reciept.

You can set most mail clients to automatically respond to a read receipt either by replying or ignoring the request, the downside is some mail servers will give a read reply when the mail is received so you could see the receipt reply and the mail has actually been dropped by the local spam filter at the other end.

Hi guys,

Any ideas guys?

Steve.

Steve. I only use read receipts when e-Mailing generic accounts at work. Then I can see who has actually picked up the mail and is going to deal with it. When I receive personal mail asking me for a read receipt, I usually don't allow the read receipt to be sent back.

Regards JCS

Read and delivery receipts are useful when notifying the police of firearms transactions, although most forces have disabled the delivery receipt function. Far simpler and less time consuming then queueing up at the Post Office,

Alan

Archived