6mm Super LR

maltbuck

This cartridge seems to be getting good reviews, and I am having occassional 2nd thoughts about a 260 build using 123-140 pills, and having a punt at the 6mm SLR, as I can seat anything from the 105 - 115 range if the correct reamer is used.

Brass work is minimal compared to those calibres that req fireforming etc, the only down side of the full length resizing of 243 brass I can see is that everyone seems to be recommending Winchester brass rather than European/Nosler brass, as the brass is in US brands is thinner and therefore you do not get shoulder doughnuts.

Having always used Lapua or Norma brass, I have slight reservations, or am I simply being anti-US brass?? Or are people on this side of the Atlantic simply inside neck reaming European Brass.

Any thoughts much appreciated, either on calibre ore brass situation.

Or should I simply stop wavering and stick with the 260!! Purpose - competition out to 800 max.

ATB

MB

This cartridge seems to be getting good reviews, and I am having occassional 2nd thoughts about a 260 build using 123-140 pills, and having a punt at the 6mm SLR, as I can seat anything from the 105 - 115 range if the correct reamer is used.

Brass work is minimal compared to those calibres that req fireforming etc, the only down side of the full length resizing of 243 brass I can see is that everyone seems to be recommending Winchester brass rather than European/Nosler brass, as the brass is in US brands is thinner and therefore you do not get shoulder doughnuts.

Having always used Lapua or Norma brass, I have slight reservations, or am I simply being anti-US brass?? Or are people on this side of the Atlantic simply inside neck reaming European Brass.

Any thoughts much appreciated, either on calibre ore brass situation.

Or should I simply stop wavering and stick with the 260!! Purpose - competition out to 800 max.

ATB

MB

I have a 260 Rem which I think is FANTASTIC!

Would never buy a 308 over the 260.

I have just taken delivery of a 6mm SLR so can't comment yet as I am just forming brass.

Let you know!

Dave T

Archived