Well done our own grumpy gamekeeper Ian.

A great result winning the F class short range comp in the Phoenix.

I believe he came 2nd in the long range but could not find him listed on the NRA web site.

Great shooting and see you at Diggle.

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers Dave,

A very interesting day as you all ready know.

I have to say it was a marvelous achievement by myself to win the long barreled pistol at 800/900/1000 as for one, I don't own a long barreled pistol and two I didn't enter the event. However this is the NRA so anything is possible.

I came second in the F class long range. Using the 6 points awarded for a V bull Steve P beat me by a clear 10 points but using the standard scoring system he won on a V bull count, had there of been a grand aggregate Steve P wins again on the V bull 6 point scoring system by 5 points, and I win by 5 points if using the standard scoring.

For anyone who hasn't attended the Phoenix F class shoots it really is a good value for money shoot, for me to shoot 2+15 at 400/500/600/800/900/1000 yards I paid £37 and that's with late entry fees. So long as you can handle the utter confusion that the NRA throw upon the event it's well worth attending.

I shot the whole competition alongside DannyT who was as ever good company and remarkably came 2nd in the long range pistol event that he didn't shoot in (cross target shooting Danny?), well done Danny.

Well done Ian !

This phoenix will be my last. I have utterly had enough with the shambolic farce that is the NRA. They rob us blind at gallery rifle, then cannot get the bloody scores correct.

I managed two silvers and a bronze, a grand master, and i was one of the four man England winning smallbore team.

Its time someone at Bisley started listening. I spent around £700 all in last weekend, with my two mate spending similar. We are not going to another gallery rifle event, instead we are going to use and support our local clubs more.

Voting with our feet.

Well done Ian, sounds like a good days shooting for a pretty good price.

This phoenix will be my last. I have utterly had enough with the shambolic farce that is the NRA. They rob us blind at gallery rifle, then cannot get the bloody scores correct.

Voting with our feet.

Hi Dave, shot next to you on Imperial Silhouettes. That's disappointing that you've become disillusioned with the whole thing. What was it that went wrong for you guys? I only shot GRCF/GRSB events and my scores etc. were all correct, however I might have just been lucky.

I have to agree with you about the cost. We travel a long way from Scotland to shoot and as such try to get as much shooting done as possible but with the way the fees are it makes for a pretty expensive weekend.

Archived