Steelcore Design rifles

ChrisF

Hi Guys ,

I have just had a look at a new UK sniper rifle companies website , after seeing it had submitted rifles to the Pakistan Army sniper rifle trials .

I had thought it was a total new rifle , its not , they use what looks to be a 4 lug RPA action , and their own design stock , I like the bipod system alot , its what AI should have done with the AX series , BUT did not .

Any one have experience with this rifle ?

Also , I heard thru the grapevine that RPA was bust ? , is that true ?, or just gossip ?

Later Chris

Hi Chris,

The same person who was at the helm when RPA hit the skids and who was renowned for his indifference towards customers is behind Steelcore. A rumour going round Bisley was that the rifle had failed at least one series of acceptance tests. Some sort of clarity other than a few web pages would enlighten everyone. I think we would all be interested in some hard facts,

Alan

Interesting that they mention a 'four lug design' and a 'genuine two stage trigger', it does sound like technology that was already on the market. I wonder if they have built them in house and paid royalties or just purchased them off the shelf and added a barrel and chassis...

Or something else... I would also be interested in the thinking and facts behind this new company and the products they list.

Yeah ,

Was hoping it was a total new designed action etc , instead of a target action dropped on yet another chassis type stock design .

Reading between the lines of the Pakistan results , it looks like the trial was not well thought out and was bias towards low cost and Muslim supplier , IE why the Turkish Bora 12 won the trial , but seems of no importance now , as it seems

1 ) They them selves now beleive the trials where flawed .

2 ) They donot have the money anyway to buy new sniper rifles .

If you go to Steelcore design website ( www.steelcoredesigns.co.uk ) , you will see the bipod design its not bad , BUT I would have thought they would have fully taken advantage of this type and off set the legs higher to give it a real low C of G , the mag well looks weird/different , it seems to hinge open on the LH side of the rifle like a door to let the Mag out ? .

Cheers Chris

I,ll tell you what i think...

Anyone who is willing to sell arms to a muslim country , especially one that houses as many terrorists and extremists as Pakistan does.....is lower than shark s*it.

It does not surprise me one iota who it is. His customer service stank.

I,ll tell you what i think...

Anyone who is willing to sell arms to a muslim country , especially one that houses as many terrorists and extremists as Pakistan does.....is lower than shark s*it.

It does not surprise me one iota who it is. His customer service stank.

Low enough to parachute out of a snakes arse ! Despicable!

Archived