Moving forward

Rammer223

Hi all new to varminting and have finally managed to save enough to buy what I hope will serve me, well a remmi vssf in 223 topped with a nightforce nsx . Been really happy with it so far but in the quest to move on i'am now thinking of way to improve first thought new trigger then hopefully start home loading but first things first trigger rifle basics? Jewel 200 quid more really? Also trigger pull weight thought please!

hi rammer,

i have rifle basixs lv1 fitted to my 22-250 and my fireball and they are excellent value for money, easy to install and havn't had any problems

cheers jock

Thanks for quick replies what sort of pull weight are you using had a cz527 before the remmi with set trigger a enjoyed that but only shooting of bench type situation a little to light for shooting out of landy etc recon the remmi is about 3-4 pounds brakes clean enough just feels a little heavy !

Jewell every time.

I wont fit rifle basix unless absolutely forced to.

If you fit a rifle basix, make sure the desired pull you want is at the top end of the model you choose, because if you adjust it down low, they will slam fire every time.

Jewells dont do this, even when taken down to 4 oz.

Jewell every time.

I wont fit rifle basix unless absolutely forced to.

If you fit a rifle basix, make sure the desired pull you want is at the top end of the model you choose, because if you adjust it down low, they will slam fire every time.

Jewells dont do this, even when taken down to 4 oz.

Thank you for reply's guys don't like the sound slam fires think I'll save a bit more and go for the jewel ! What about pull weight I know it's kind off a personal thing but I only have one centre fire and it gets used for everything foxes lamping from a landi shooting targets long range rabbits etc just a idea of a practical / safe working weight how low would you go?

I like jewells straight outa the bag, usually set at 1 lb.

Another trigger i like a lot is the Shilen. Its basically a better version of the old remington trigger, with all the same adjustments.

Hi Rammer223,

get a good gunsmith to set up your remmy trigger properly and save the money for reloading equipment, you'll need it!

Richard Pope did the trigger on my 20tac back when it was a .222. It breaks at 2lbs like the proverbial glass rod.The action has done

over 5000 rnds now and never had to touch it since it was done. Leave the ultralight triggers to target shooting, 2lb is plenty light in

the field. I have Richards number if you want it, he's Birmingham area I think.

Mike

Archived