PSE-Composites stock

I saw my light (680g) sporter PSE compared directly side-by-side with a McMillan Hunters Edge stock which are considered a good carbon hunting stock. Despite being marginally lighter than the McMillan, it had better torsional stiffness, a decent cheekpiece and a far more useful forend for bipod mounting. The "NZ Hunter" crew were impressed with the engineering. Greg said he clearly knows his composites

Chris-NZ

I'm using the E-Tac for FTR and love it. It is very strong and light. They can be made to weight.

My whole rig comes in under 17lbs with a 31" bull barrel.

There is now 3 E-Tac's being used for FTR at my range.

DSC01499.jpg

I use Edi's stocks at every opportunity. Its never up to me what my clients go with but if it were up to me Id use nothing else when a synthetic is called for. Im not going to bash anyone else's product but PSE composites are years ahead in terms of finish, strength and durability.

The weave inside the stock is the big thing, everything is weaved inside the contour unlike others that mould there stocks then machine out the inlet, PSE is completely done in one hit making them possibly the best out there. On a final note, if PSE was in the USA he'd be the biggest name out there where composite stocks are concerned.

Sigh...wish there were some left-hand models and models for older actions

I think Edi can do most things, he did a left handed T3 for me put on a slight palm swell and fitted a kaiser grip, and its absolutly A1.

I have a stock turning up from Edi tommorow hopefully. He has made it to fit a single shot rem 700 footprint. I have to say i have nothing but praise for edi at the moment. Although he didn't offer a single shot style stock he made one for no problems.Price and turn around is great also. I can not wait to put the stock on my RG 220 swift, But i have to get neil mckilop to bed it first and then get baldie to duracoat it for me. I will try and post some pics when it is done. Hopefully Edi will offer more styles and inlets in the future i think he will be a real alternative to mc millan.

ATB SEAN

Guys,

I would not hesitate to use PSE Composite stocks.

At Tullamore last year, I had a couple of long conversations with Edmund and was very impressed with his knowledge and outlook.

He clearly has a good engineering background and it was an education to speak with him, he also seemed open and willing to listen.

All good qualities in anyone and especially a riflestock maker.

Cheers,

Well, thank you all so much for the kind words B)

Bit by bit we will increase our range of stocks and are looking

at new technologies all the time. We are still convinced that the

inlet moulded stock that we offer is the best way of making a stock at the moment

but it is very labour intensive. Stocks only fit one action, mostly with one barrel channel.

We are very tempted to go the conventional way of composite stock making which

needs cnc milling and is mostly less labour intensive also increases the inlet variations.

Some experience was collected with our A5 clone stock experiments and new ways of increasing

stiffness of the inlet area via 3-D fibre lay helps make up lost ground vs the inlet moulding.

Also we are looking at high end carbon stocks with the carbon showing through.

We get many enquieries asking to inlet an E-Tac for Sako or Tikka inlet our T3 stock to take a Stiller action.

Of course we could fit any action into any stock but be need to have a barreled action in the workshop or

the cutomer must drop his rifle in. Then one has to look at costs, the ammount of work

to convert a stock can be horrible. We would start by laying up the stock with the conversion in mind, for example have

increased strength in the area where the new recoil lug would be positioned and so on. The the inlet must

be back filled, and milled out to a new shape. Outside geometry must often also be adapted.

Converting a Remmy short action to long action is not too difficult, fitting a howa into an E-Tac for example is

very time consuming.... we just did one. In reality the price of a stock could double which is why we often

don't even dare to quote.

edi

Archived