Dont you just hate when..

6.5shooter

Dont you just hate it when youre just after cleaning youre rifle and when putting it back into the cabinet you accidentally knock the scope off the cabinet or another gun inside... Does my head in!

Time for a bigger cabinet! :)

I know the feeling well Gary gutted for you mate.

I’ve lined all my cabinets with carpet tiles looks good and no mere dings costs around £20 in tiles.

I know the feeling well Gary gutted for you mate.

I’ve lined all my cabinets with carpet tiles looks good and no mere dings costs around £20 in tiles.

Great idea Mike! Although part of my problem consists of trying to cram too much into the cabinet!

I have some foam mats lying around spare that are used in cow cubicles I could cut that up and fix itinside. I need a bigger cabinet anyway so I will get a bigger one than I will ever need and line it in the foam and that will give me plenty of room to manouver heavy guns in and out.

Nothing worse than scratching a scope, you should see the huge scratch right down my nxs. Was out foxing and an old gate was left to become over grown with grass out in a field I slipped on it with the rifle on my back and landed right on it! 15stone on top of it and I almost cried I thought that was £1200 down the drain. Thinking it would be off zero and it was still daylight i shot at a knot in a fence post at about 140yards and it was spot on. The scope works spot on and is now covered in camo tape. : ;)

I shot a comp with my Nightforce 42BR in torrential rain, took great care to keep my hands scope and ammunition dry but everything got soaked. Back home I meticulously cleaned dried and oiled everything and packed the rifle away. It came out about three weeks later and once at the range I dropped the drum covers off to set zero.

Arghhhhhh.... furry elevation drums. So obvious when I look back at it, they did clean up to 99% OK but it was a lesson I will never forget.

Once went walking on Kinder Scout. Came back in the rain after a few days away and meticulously took the tent down carefully inner (cotton) first and straight into the car. Packed rest of it away and took the wet (nylon) flysheet out at home and aired it. Packed it all away once happy to find on my next usage a perfectly good tent full of mildew. The outer had bled onto the inner in the car and I knew :wacko: the inner was dry so didn't bother airing that bit.......

I have spent many happy days on the Kinder plateau exploring and walking and climbing, I set myself the target of soloing all of the classic two and three star climbs in the area plus some of the classics and some of the more modern thuggery routes. I just have a thing for Gritstone. I even ran up Grindsbrook with an arm in plaster one bitingly cold snowy Winter morning because it seemed like the right thing to do. I remember finding one of the downed aircraft one sunny afternoon, marking it on a map and heading back the following week to take a closer look. I never ever saw it again. I met some German tourists in foul weather one day who asked me if I knew where I was (Yes to maybe 5m) I had to show them on a map so they could continue doing the Pennine Way. Bad as two were in Jeans and nasty cheap nylon jackets.

Kinder was one of my favourite haunts a few years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate when you squeeze the trigger and all you get is a "click"

Dud primer!

Hasnt happened to me on live targets yet but it has happened a few times at steel or paper targets!

Yep, that narks me too,9 and i don't have a kinetic hammer to reclaim my powder :huh: ). I definately need a bigger cabinet as i've a slot to fill and my current cabinet is full. :wub:

Archived