Ratel in .243 by Brock & Norris

We Just finished building and testing this for a client:-

090.jpg?t=1336419482

The spec is as follows:-

Barrel - 20 inch .243 Lothar Walther with a 1-8 twist.

Action - Brock & Norris "Ratel"

Stock - McMillan

Scope - Sightron SIII SS 3.5-10x44

Moderator - Ase Utra North Star

Ammo - 85gr Sierra Spitzer, 47.5gr Vit N150 with a Rem 9 1/2 magnum primer.

All testing was done by me at 100m by me off the bipod.

The first pic shows initial round at bottom of target, correction was then made and two rounds then printed in the center of the target:-

087.jpg?t=1336419455

The following target was shot to test five round grouping and it happily shot in the 0.2's:-

092.jpg?t=1336419500

Kind Regards

Rob

Heck, Rob, you could have tested it at Diggle today... :)

Heck, Rob, you could have tested it at Diggle today... :)

Would of loved to but spent the day shopping with the Mrs and gardening this afternoon.

Dont think she would of been to happy if I had gone shooting as I was away Sat and Sun at Kingsbury ranges shooting with the army.

Kind Regards

Rob

Wow that's impressive! What sort of velocity are you getting with the short tube?

We were getting 3175 fps from the 20" tube. accuracy was good as you can see but we were unable to truly find the capability of the rifle due to time constraints. Our purpose for testing is to prove the rifle will meet our sub 0.5 inch guarentee.

:angry:

Very nice again :wub:

everyone is asking when we are opening the new premises. well simple answer is aas soon as the telecoms contractors extract their fingers from their rectums and get the broadband up and running. The alarm system is dependent on the phone system and the delays are causing me some serious shite at the moment. once the machines are moved we are talking ten days to get everything swept up and operational to 100% capacity. Unfortunately we are getting messed around by contractors and someone is going to get savaged very shortly :angry: .However we will post up when our opening is taking place. ........you are going to be in for a treat!!!!!! :D:D:D

Archived