Vortex Viper PST Riflescope

gun nut

Has anyone got a Vortex Viper PST? Looking at the 6-24x50 ffp model and wondered has anyone got/seen or handled one?

Mike

I,ve just ordered a 1-4 power PST to go on a 9mm Unicorn, after seeing a friends.

The build quality is excellent, and the optics are fabulous. I would have sworn they were Jap, but they are actually made in the Phillipines.

They are every bit the equal of, say, sightron lenses, but at a fraction of the price.

I,ve just ordered a 1-4 power PST to go on a 9mm Unicorn, after seeing a friends.

The build quality is excellent, and the optics are fabulous. I would have sworn they were Jap, but they are actually made in the Phillipines.

They are every bit the equal of, say, sightron lenses, but at a fraction of the price.

I ordered a Viper at the shooting show because I was really impressed with it, unfortunately i,m still waiting for it and have purchased a Minox in the meantime.

Really looking forward to the Viper arriving especially as I now have the Minox to compare it with.

Colin

Has anyone got a Vortex Viper PST? Looking at the 6-24x50 ffp model and wondered has anyone got/seen or handled one?

Mike

Seems to be well thought of in the states, Colin Jones ( onelesscharlie ) who is an RFD has one on order but he is having trouble getting it. He has been told it will be another month.!!

Hi gun nut,

I've had a PST 6-24x50 FFP in MRAD for about a year now. It started off on my .223 before being moved to my .308 for deer season. Build quality and finish is excellent and optics are very clear. Clicks are positive, very crisp and audible. Matching turrets/reticle, illumination, and raised magnification indicator are some great features to have and considering the price the scope has alot to offer.

That said, the more I shot at distance I realised that tracking wasn't pefect. I did a box test and found that the first round tended to dial only part of the required elevation, and after recoil, would 'settle' for the second shot. Around this time the internal coating started to flake and blur my sight picture. I got in contact with their customer service and was informed that this was a problem in some of their first production models and they would replace my scope immediately. It should be here on Tuesday so I'll update you when I've had a chance to test it.

You can see it on action on my .223 here..

http://m.youtube.com/user/The223Shooter

Hope that helps,

Michael

Archived