3rd eye picatinny rail?

pigglet

I've got some 3rd eye rings to mount a nightforce NXS on a remmy 700 I have. The rifle came with a rail already fitted (make unknown). The bar or lug on the bottom of the rings which sits in the slots/recoil grooves of the rail seems to be smaller than the slots on the rail which allows the rings to twist/rotate quite a bit when mounted on the rail before they are properly tightened up. Having never had, seen or used a picatinny rail before I didn@t know whether this is normal. Does anyone have third eye rings mounted to a 3rd eye rail and if so the there any movement between rings and rail before they are tightened up or am I being a numpty and worried about nowt :P

TIA

Have third eye rail and rings on mine too. will slide front to back slightly before tightening but not side to side. make sure rings are pushed forward on the rail (towards muzzle) before tightening. be worth checking rail is flat. its been known for rem actions to have holes drilled off centre twisting the rail.

Have third eye rail and rings on mine too. will slide front to back slightly before tightening but not side to side. make sure rings are pushed forward on the rail (towards muzzle) before tightening. be worth checking rail is flat. its been known for rem actions to have holes drilled off centre twisting the rail.

Hi,

Second that! Push rings forward, Check Rem. holes, if they need re-alignment then take the opportunity to open out to 8-40 thread,

Alan

Thanks for the reply's guys. I rang Craig to order a 3rd eye rail but he reckoned that what I was describing is normal and as mentioned just to pust the rings forward against the lugs before tightening. He said there was no point buying a new rail, another example of good customer service from 3rd eye from my point of view :) The rail appears to be flat so I think I'm OK on that score as well. Just need to get it all bolted back together and then down to the range for a zero session now.

Archived