I consider myself a fairly regular Diggle attendee but the rain and wind today were some of the strongest I have ever experienced on what is a fairly notorious range anyway.

Rule of thumb is if the water is forming whits caps and blowing over the Dam above `A` range, think again. I hope it isnt that bad next week for the Egg shoot. Down in the butts it was a struggle to keep the targets either on the sighting board or the Mcqueens poles. So far this year, Mcqueens has a 25% success rate with only 1 of the 4 shoots getting either laid on or completed.

Still, my Harkila gear gets a second vote of excellent.

I recall at a Fly shoot one year, we had 23 mph cross winds.

The severe weather will certainly cause problems with us all if it remains,,,,maybe I shouldnt have parted with the 338 so soon :lol:

The results dont count towards the Mcqueens table of results as the CoF was not exactly a normal Mcqueens. We didnt have enough `Huns` head's and it was deemed too windy to try putting up the wall so we shot kind au naturelle with the sticks held up in mid air without windoes lol. We had one 50, 3 of us on 48 so call it joint second and it went on from there, all shot at 300 from the shed. We only shot 10 rounds as it was getting a bit silly as the targets were just tissue paper and blew off as soon as they were held up. We had 3 staple guns going like MG42's to no avail lol.

10 out of 10 for attending Chris i was coming but chickened out at last min or had more sense which ever way you look at it lets hope next week is better.

A hot cup of tea tasted wonderful afterwards, even made with Lancashire water! The four of us in butts got absolutely soaked and we have decided we have done our whole year's duty. I think t'other chris was starting with hypothermia, his hands were blue.

It was pretty nasty the previous day (Saturday 28th) for the 200yd F Class comp on Diggle 'B'. Bloody cold and winds were running at 12 - 28 mph on the firing point according to a fellow competitor just before we started. As the NE wind picked up during the match it must have broken 30 mph. Still, we stayed mainly dry and just caught the edge of some rain and hail showers.

I did feel for you McQueens guys on Sunday as I sat in my warm house in York watching the rain fall relentlessly outside.

We must all be MAD !!!!!

I consider myself a fairly regular Diggle attendee but the rain and wind today were some of the strongest I have ever experienced on what is a fairly notorious range anyway.

Rule of thumb is if the water is forming whits caps and blowing over the Dam above `A` range, think again. I hope it isnt that bad next week for the Egg shoot. Down in the butts it was a struggle to keep the targets either on the sighting board or the Mcqueens poles. So far this year, Mcqueens has a 25% success rate with only 1 of the 4 shoots getting either laid on or completed.

Still, my Harkila gear gets a second vote of excellent.

Having made it through the maze that is Oldham town centre after all the diversion signs had been blown down I stopped to fill up in Lees. As I struggled to stand in the wind and the rain was coming down in sheets we both thought sod this lets go home!!!!! Glad I did.

Archived