Federal brass problems

onelesscharlie

Hi

Tried reloading a few Federal 223 v max cases last night and even after the usual case prep I struggled to get the Remington primers to seat correctly.

Is this usual or just the fact that Federal brass likes federal primers or perhaps more likely is it me being a t**t.

thanks

Colin

Hi

Tried reloading a few Federal 223 v max cases last night and even after the usual case prep I struggled to get the Remington primers to seat correctly.

Is this usual or just the fact that Federal brass likes federal primers or perhaps more likely is it me being a t**t.

thanks

Colin

Did you use a PRIMER POCKET UNIFORMER....(its important to use one) to clean and uniform the primer depth? I also use remington primers and have had no problems.

Tony.

i have found all but the top quality federal cases difficult to seat primers, in the american eagles it is almost impossible.the sinclair pocket primer uniformer wont even enter them . ive tried reloading most cases with lapua and hornady working best for me. i found winchester brass a little tough and it required smaller neck bushing to get any tension, remington is ok but not a patch on the lapua.

Archived