the grip

found this the other day, not sure of his "pedigree" and how correct his technique is, but the use of the bix n andy trigger caught my eye, as well as his painted R93, with its special bolt knob.

my standard R93 shoots better!

he has some other intersting blogs too.

Thomas has some excellent video blogs and posts on here as well.

Don't think he's on here?

David,

Did you like his grip technique :P

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9417 :P:lol:

not sure of his "pedigree" and how correct his technique is, but the use of the bix n andy trigger caught my eye, as well as his painted R93, with its special bolt knob.

Had a look through some of them; brilliantly filmed and great scenery

- I'm left open-mouthed at how he actually manages to shoot with all the running around and faffing that must be involved in the filming.

I particularly like the zen-like silence in the vids I looked at; as well as the feeling of 'outdoors' in the way the mountain stuff is done.

Pedigree? It'd be interesting to hear; it seems in UK that anyone who buys a video camera and puts their shots on youtube is instantly regarded as some sort of rifle expert :rolleyes: This stuff looks pretty technically well thought out though.

Love the mountain stuff and overall technically 'sound' feel, not sure about one or two of the other bits - brave call with the duracoat but not sure what he ended up with (other than ruined turrets and rings!):

Don't think he's on here?

David,

Did you like his grip technique :P

http://ukvarminting....?showtopic=9417 :P:lol:

Hmm.. I think you could be right BD, he certainly posts on a couple of other forums I know and I thought/assumed he was here as well. I just checked and we don't have an embarrassed emoticon, probably best to get one for me! On the subject of grip I have moved to the thumb down position with the S&L and was surprised at how much difference it made to my first couple of shots however things got better after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Without pinning medals to myself i can say that i excel in quite a few of the techniques demonstrated here.... namely being warm, fat and happy :)

Archived