Rebarrel Lee Enfield No 4 Mk 1

As far as I know, the once huge stocks stocks of orginal #4 barrels left over from the 1950s and 60s ran out several years ago. You don't say whether you want to compete in Historic Arms comps or similar where a rifle fitted weith a newly manufactured barrel might (would?) be DQ'd.

In the USA, this became an issue years back for Springfield '03s and M1 Garands. The NRA of USA and CMP accept certain makes and specs of newly made replacement barrels as allowable within their rules. I don't know how the HBSA and NRA face here on this issue - eventually there'll be no option I imagine.

If you're not competing in formal competition, it's not an issue of course. As others have recommended, I'd suggest Armalon as a good intial source. The company is making its own hammer forged barrels now, and I know it has made them in the past in shorter .30 Carbine form for a #4 based gallery rifle.

Thanks VERY much for speedy replies.

I'm in Rep. of Ireland and compete in classic rifle shooting here with vcrai.com and informal target shooting at my range.

A "new" barrel wouldn't be a problem as the rules don't (currently) DQ a rifle with a "new" barrel.

Archived