How Accurate?

wheelybins

I've started reloading following lots of advice from the forum :) We have worked our way through our first batch of six different loads and have already dropped into some pretty good results.

I am getting sub MOA groups I wouldn't claim half MOA, but not far off. Bearing in mind that the rifle is a cheap nasty Remington 710 in .243 and the scope is a Hawke Eclipse 30 in 8X56.

Am I on a hiding to nowhere trying to better that, or is it worth pursuing further?

I really would value any opinions as I am very green at this.

Cheers

Graham

I've started reloading following lots of advice from the forum :) We have worked our way through our first batch of six different loads and have already dropped into some pretty good results.

I am getting sub MOA groups I wouldn't claim half MOA, but not far off. Bearing in mind that the rifle is a cheap nasty Remington 710 in .243 and the scope is a Hawke Eclipse 30 in 8X56.

Am I on a hiding to nowhere trying to better that, or is it worth pursuing further?

Cheers

Graham

Sub moa is very good With the kit your using , you will get to a point of diminishing returns re effort/time/expense against tangible improvements the main thing to remember is to enjoy what your doing?

Hi Graham,

sounds like a deer stalking set up, light .243 and 8x56 scope.If that's what you're using it for then it's perfect providing you've checked your velocity is OK. Really depends if you want to spend more time and money possibly improving something that will work just fine. But then again that's half the fun aint it?

Mike

Hi Graham,

sounds like a deer stalking set up, light .243 and 8x56 scope.If that's what you're using it for then it's perfect providing you've checked your velocity is OK. Really depends if you want to spend more time and money possibly improving something that will work just fine. But then again that's half the fun aint it?

Mike

Velocity is running at around 3550 fps at the muzzle with 58gr VMAX bullets, so that should do the trick I reckon.

Sub moa is very good With the kit your using , you will get to a point of diminishing returns re effort/time/expense against tangible improvements the main thing to remember is to enjoy what your doing?

Thanks for that. I really am enjoying it, so all good on that front.

Graham

Graham,

I did"nt see what range you are at for your moa, I was going to say how I work out my kill zone method, but it may be confusing the way I write.

http://www.ultimatesniper.com/Docs/28.PDF, have a look at this dead (pardon the pun) simple

I did it at 100m. The plan is to work out to long range stuff in good time. I did get a rabbit at nearly 200m last night though :)

RONNY- sounds like you have a good set up-why not get along to diggle and shoot 0.5 there im sure they will "let you shoot all day long".would be nice to see some new faces.i have just joined and find the crowd there very helpful with whatever discipline you shoot.its a no brainer i always come away having learnt something new.

Guest richness

Cheers

Graham

It's always worth pursuing it further mate, even though that may not directly mean your reloading techniques and loads. With that scope, you're going to be covering a half moa with the ret so you cannot do any better until you can see smaller and further. So you get a nice scope and then you want to push further and start thinking about a match barrel, match trigger....Before you know it you're shooting aspirins at 100y and rabbits at 500y and it's all been a very fun journey..... :D so push on, i say :)

Archived