Scope with .308 BDC turrets

Dr. Strangelove

After having used a friends AI today with a Hensoldt 10x42 with BDC turrets for .308 (admittedly the Swedish sabot .308 but still works with regular .308) I found it incredibly easy to use in order to get on target. Figure 11 at 500m, dial the scope to 500, bang and it's down. Each click was 2cm/100m so not very precise adjustments but it worked!

For a budget of around £500, is there anything I can get that will do this? I'm aware that Vortex will build you a custom turret for your scope if you supply them with the load data but I'd prefer to get one that has it already!

Cheers,

Dr. Strangelove.

(P.S. Sorry if this has been done, did a search and didn't find anything)

I use White insulation tape wrapped round the turret and a fine black marker pen on a nxs, 10moa (one full turn of the turret) gets me out to 580yards with a .22/250 cheap but it works :)

Find yourself a second hand leupold 3.5-10x40 mark 4 with the M3 turrets and launch a 168amax/smk at 2600fps roughly and you will get what your after , I use one on my 308 and it's brilliant ! Brace yourself to be told how they are too course etc but once you get one you won't look back ?

There was a thread on here and baldie was as strait to the point as usual about them and said he had some ? He really doesn't like them so may do you a deal ?

Oh and they do a number of turrets I use the one marked 308m (metres) as most ranges are in metres and I set my crf1600 to metres for stalking .

Russ

There was some on eBay from lga supplies a little while ago ?

Yep, there are still two sat here at £699 [ i think :wacko: it is saturday night ]

As Tack B says, not my bag, but you obviously like that style. One thing i will say, the military leupolds absolutely blind the civi ones on clarity. The lenses are something else.

Find yourself a second hand leupold 3.5-10x40 mark 4 with the M3 turrets and launch a 168amax/smk at 2600fps roughly and you will get what your after , I use one on my 308 and it's brilliant ! Brace yourself to be told how they are too course etc but once you get one you won't look back ?

There was a thread on here and baldie was as strait to the point as usual about them and said he had some ? He really doesn't like them so may do you a deal ?

Oh and they do a number of turrets I use the one marked 308m (metres) as most ranges are in metres and I set my crf1600 to metres for stalking .

Russ

There was some on eBay from lga supplies a little while ago ?

Ooh, one of these - http://www.lgasupplies.com/leupold-mk4-35-10x40-illuminated-used-364-p.asp ?

I like the sound of that, and apparently A-Maxs are very accurate!

My last post has been removed I think ? why so I don't do whatever I've done again?

I LOVE Amax ! (patchy QC in the past but seems sorted now?)

I dont like 1 moa adjustment...its too coarse for my liking. Its pefectly fine if you want to engage full size figure 11,s at unknown distances that fall when hit.

they are coarser than most scopes but think about this, a crow 400 yds away (long way for a 10 power) the most you are going to be out by on elevation is 2" and windage 1" basically if you were any more than a half click out you would take it to the next click which would put you closer , understand?

now i think you need to be able to group pretty well to hold less than a 1/2 moa at that distance, allowing for atmospheric variations etc

the problem with finer adjustments is the very real chance you could be a whole turret revolution out if your dialling a lot?

Archived