New guy set up

Sapper811

Thought i would share my set up so far as i am just starting off in the varmint world !

i have seen a few posts on here from guys like myself asking what rifle, how much etc etc so i thought i would give you a run down so far with costs.

The overall idea being for a rifle that i can get to grips with and learn with over the next 3-6 months. yes i would love a tactical stock and floorplate with AICS mag etc. But, i am saving the money for now and learning to shoot it as is.

same for ammo. No home loading as yet so off the shelf only. ( sugestions welcome )

Tikka T3 Tactical in .223 - second hand in great condition, one owner from new less than 300 rounds fired - £700.

Global Rifle 6-9 bipod - £75 - great construction and quality

Third eye tac 30mm rings - £113 - again superb quality. Yes i could have bought cheaper rings but i am sure a slighter larger investment now will pay dividends - am i right thinking this ?

Bushnell Elite tac4200 6-24x50 - £510 - thanks Mark, superb service ! A great scope and looking forward to getting to know it

Just got a TAB gear sling this morning at newark - £60

On order is an Ase Ultra Compact - £255

I would welcome any comments or thoughts so far

P1000975.jpg

P1000974.jpg

loose the muzzle break its not needed and a horrible to shoot for your partner to listen too but apart from that a really nice looking rifle

Understand that, weighs a tonne ! Will keep the compact on for most of the time

loose the muzzle break its not needed and a horrible to shoot for your partner to listen too but apart from that a really nice looking rifle

In agreement with spud there. But yeah it sure is a nice looking rifle. How you finding the optics?

I just bought a TAB rear bag of the guys on March stand even had a dreamy gaze through the scopes also! Lol. One day if I win the lottery.

If you are going to use factory loads then try Norma 50gr v-max, they are pretty accurate, dont know what twist rate you have though so my not suit, my 223 rifle has a 1-12 so they work ok, got a feeling yours may be a faster twist?

Archived