digital powder throwers

thekeeper

I love my chargemaster, wouldnt be without it

Mark

+1 for me on this unit.

Ive used and owned both 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation lyman dps automatic throwers and had ok results. I thought they would be good to have as I load approx 1200 rounds a year for fclass and about 500-1000 rounds for hunting use.

I found it very anoying having to wait for them to do the 30min warm up (which you can skip but then is not very accurate). They would quite often wonder out of calibration after 3-5 loads. I got rid of mine while I could and went back to my trusty lee powder manual thrower and the RCBS 750 digital scale, and manualy trickle upto correct charge.

By the time the lyman model dps3 which is the faster one dumped and weighed out the charge, I had already finished doing it my normal way so thought whats the point in having it.

If your into gadgets then I guess their fun for the first few hundred rounds but I quickly got bored of mine.

Hi All,

I have the Lyman 1 (electric) and the DPS 3 and have had no problems. The DPS is a little fiddly when emptying to change powders but other than that both units do exactly 'what it says on the tin',

Alan

Archived