GO/NO GO GAUGE .22lr

v-max

Hi im looking to see if anyone has a go/no go gauge for .22lr to try in my anny rifle. Im getting a few missfires & after a bit of looking into it i recon my head space is gone in my anny 1450 .22lr i love the rifle & dont want to get rid of it but wondered if anyone has gauges i could get a shot of to try please. I was unaware that the bolt lever kisses on the action to close head space & this area needs lube & after years of use/work the metal has worked back to create a small lip of metal on the action where the bolt kisses near the safty area.Any advice info will be greatfull cheers.

Hi im looking to see if anyone has a go/no go gauge for .22lr to try in my anny rifle. Im getting a few missfires & after a bit of looking into it i recon my head space is gone in my anny 1450 .22lr i love the rifle & dont want to get rid of it but wondered if anyone has gauges i could get a shot of to try please. I was unaware that the bolt lever kisses on the action to close head space & this area needs lube & after years of use/work the metal has worked back to create a small lip of metal on the action where the bolt kisses near the safty area.Any advice info will be greatfull cheers.

How certain are you that this is the case? I have seen some rickety rimfires that still function 100%. I would be very surprised excessive headspace is the problem with your rifle. I have never gone out of my way to lube this area on similar actions. You have stripped and cleaned the bolt and/or tried different ammo?~Andrew

How certain are you that this is the case? I have seen some rickety rimfires that still function 100%. I would be very surprised excessive headspace is the problem with your rifle. I have never gone out of my way to lube this area on similar actions. You have stripped and cleaned the bolt and/or tried different ammo?~Andrew

Hi iv spoke to frank dykes uk distrobuter about it. My rifle was made in 1990 & iv had it for seventeen years of that & since april 2011 iv used 12000 .22's & proberlly 15-16 thou in the past 3yrs. My rifle action has wore back to create a lip where the bolt contacts & i have never lubed it until now & told it was quite common on this age of rifle with the work iv done. I have been trying to order firing pin for it but explained what is going on & told it is good chance its my headspace. I have tryed eley s/s ammo & it is worse than the winchester s/s & it never did this before. My action defo has wear it can be seen where the metal has worked back cheers.

Hi iv spoke to frank dykes uk distrobuter about it. My rifle was made in 1990 & iv had it for seventeen years of that & since april 2011 iv used 12000 .22's & proberlly 15-16 thou in the past 3yrs. My rifle action has wore back to create a lip where the bolt contacts & i have never lubed it until now & told it was quite common on this age of rifle with the work iv done. I have been trying to order firing pin for it but explained what is going on & told it is good chance its my headspace. I have tryed eley s/s ammo & it is worse than the winchester s/s & it never did this before. My action defo has wear it can be seen where the metal has worked back cheers.

Amazing. Does the bolt shift forward and back when locked up and the firing pin forward?? I have a few 1952-58 BRno .22's and since I bought the last one (the 1952 dated gun bought this past September) I have put 6000+ rounds through it! Lord knows how may total rounds it's had in the last 60 years. Your Anschutz problem doesn't speak well of their design tho admittedly, that is a lot of ammo. What is your plan? Are you going to have the barrel set back?~Andrew

(Or buy a CZ??)

Hi i have just orderd a new firing pin to try as i cant get gauges at all to try. Ifhat fails i was thinking of getting the action welded & file it down. I know a bit rough but i dont want to part with the rifle or tig weld a bit on the bolt. Can i tig weld the bolt what is people's thoughts on this?? cheers.

Hi i have just orderd a new firing pin to try as i cant get gauges at all to try. Ifhat fails i was thinking of getting the action welded & file it down. I know a bit rough but i dont want to part with the rifle or tig weld a bit on the bolt. Can i tig weld the bolt what is people's thoughts on this?? cheers.

Sure you can if you think it will help. Just keep it cool. I am still curious to hear if the bolt shifts back and forth with the handle locked down and the firing pin forward. ~Andrew

Hi sorry for delay Andrew but yes when the pin is down you can slide the bolt back & forth. I did have feeler gauges & with the 5thou it fired great even the eley s/s. I seem to have missed placed my feeler gauges to try & see what i can slide in behind the bolt & action & see what the give is. The rifle used to work greatly with eley/winnys etc but got bad of late & im sick of the miss fire's when i need the rifle to work for me as its my job cheers.

Hi sorry for delay Andrew but yes when the pin is down you can slide the bolt back & forth. I did have feeler gauges & with the 5thou it fired great even the eley s/s. I seem to have missed placed my feeler gauges to try & see what i can slide in behind the bolt & action & see what the give is. The rifle used to work greatly with eley/winnys etc but got bad of late & im sick of the miss fire's when i need the rifle to work for me as its my job cheers.

Sorry to hear that. I wish you luck and patience in putting your gun back into shooting trim! ~Andrew.

Archived