Tikka T3 factory accuracy.

Dan534

Hi Dan,

T3's like all factory rifles can vary but I have never encountered a really duff one. The only potential problem might be the flexibility of the forends on the synthetic models, if touching the barrel can cause changes in the point of impact,

Alan

Hi Dan,

T3's ... only potential problem might be the flexibility of the forends on the synthetic models..

Alan

There are -far- worse factory synthetic stocks Alan. The Rem SPS for example is a total P.O.S.- has 4X the flex of the T3s which aren't too bad in my opinion.

Chris-NZ

There are -far- worse factory synthetic stocks Alan. The Rem SPS for example is a total P.O.S.- has 4X the flex of the T3s which aren't too bad in my opinion.

Chris-NZ

Hi Chris,

I would agree with you about the SPS stocks, they are like noodles with the barrel acting as rebar! I have had similar problems with T3 synthetic stocks but nowhere near as often or to the same degree as the SPS,

Best regards

Alan

Anyone have any experience with tikka t3? Whats the out the box accuracy like specifically in .308? Are the barrels produced on the same production line as Sako's and the TRG these days (the TRGs can shoot)?

Thanks.

A big advantage the T3 has over other factory guns is it comes in 260 Rem, why get the 308 unless you need it for FTR or you don't fancy reloading.

A big advantage the T3 has over other factory guns is it comes in 260 Rem, why get the 308 unless you need it for FTR or you don't fancy reloading.

How do the 260 rem tikkas shoot ?

I know of a couple of varmint models in 6.5x55 that will shoot under 1in at 300 yards with homeloads.

Archived