rimfire varmint barrels ?

Aggy

Hello gents is there any point of a varmint barrel on a rimfire rifle .22LR or .17 HMR .I am thinking of getting a couple of cz 452's would just like a little advise .

Cheers Mick

How interesting. I was looking at South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies' - SYSS - website today. Some very sexy Green Mountain fluted and carbon weave Volquartson barrels. Very aesthetically pleasing. Performance wise. I can't comment. A rimfire is not going to heat up as a centrefire will. Sex and stand out definately.

Hello gents is there any point of a varmint barrel on a rimfire rifle .22LR or .17 HMR .I am thinking of getting a couple of cz 452's would just like a little advise .

Cheers Mick

Hello Aggy

I've had CZ 452's in standard barrels which felt a bit light, also CZ 452's in 17 hmr varmint profile, which off sticks in front of the golf course grounds man took rabbits to 252 yards, so a lot steadier,

I have a Rimfire magic custom from SYSS with a heavy green mountain fluted barrel and it's shoots amazingly accurate groups and rabbits out to 100 yards plus with subsonic ammo

I don't think rimfire rifles get the best barrels due to the cheap prices that some of them cost,

But it's sometimes wiser to buy a quality used rifle than a cheaper new one around the same price

In the end it's up to you to decide its too heavy to carry or to light to use out of a truck window and keep missing

Regards

Alan

Well I went out and bought a used 452 today .varmint barrel,wallnut stock ,two mags 1 ten and 1 five round and SAK mod and one of the best rimfire triggers I have ever used ,not sure whats been done to it but it is very crisp and light .Its got a adjustable recoil pad too .scope should be here friday or sat so I am sorted .

Mick

Well wear Mick, let us know how she shoots? The trigger may have been an aftermarket replacement, or perhaps just it's spring was changed. YoDave do trigger springs for CZ's, Eric Brooks used to do a kit too, don't know if he still does or not. Rimfirecentral has some pretty good CZ info on it.

Archived