LOW SEAT PLANS

Hi buddy , pretty new to this low seat business but when i stalked on a outing with Keith then later with Linda and Dave on holiday i was sat in one of those collapsible seats with the cup holder ( no i am not that relaxed :lol: ) and had the rifle on the shooting sticks!!!

I was amazed how steady and relaxed this is and always ready should the opportunity present!!!!!!

Not my idea but a gift from frends which i rate very good if you are going to wait in ambush!!!!!

All the best....................

RAY.................................. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Guys

Varminter, Hi buddy , pretty new to this low seat business

I am too although I like you have sat in a deck chair before now with sticks waiting for a deer ;) But this palce I go with a buddy the Sika sure are skittish and I need to get more than one shot off at em and after I recce'd the area there was no suitable place to locate a high seat so I racked my brains an remembered a low seat I once occupied that was cool. I thought it more of a shed with a slot on three sides to shoot out of but it did the trick.

Redfox

Pm inbound to Stag 1933 as we speak thanks for the help ;)

OA

Thanks Guys

Varminter, Hi buddy , pretty new to this low seat business

I am too although I like you have sat in a deck chair before now with sticks waiting for a deer ;) But this palce I go with a buddy the Sika sure are skittish and I need to get more than one shot off at em and after I recce'd the area there was no suitable place to locate a high seat so I racked my brains an remembered a low seat I once occupied that was cool. I thought it more of a shed with a slot on three sides to shoot out of but it did the trick.

Redfox

Pm inbound to Stag 1933 as we speak thanks for the help ;)

OA

Hi

Try using palletts 3 of them with fence posts though the end and a board over the top. breaks your image and you can cover three sides with branches or roofing felt. ease of sitting depends on seat height etc how far posts are driven in etc. but it is fairly cheap to make and relitively quick.

teal

Hi.

Below is a pic. of one of the contraptions I use at our stalkers shoots.

It is made from 4 posts and some rails plus other scrap timber.

It has 4 bolts at the rear and 2 at the front holding it together, the seat rests on the bottom rails and can be slid back and forth.

Dissembled it can easily be put into a vehicle and is only a fraction of the weight of pallets.

For forest use the post points should be left on to tap into the ground and a few sticks and a cammo net will complete the device.

The narrow front rail can be lifted off if not required.

P1000333.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Try using palletts 3 of them with fence posts though the end and a board over the top. breaks your image and you can cover three sides with branches or roofing felt. ease of sitting depends on seat height etc how far posts are driven in etc. but it is fairly cheap to make and relitively quick.

teal

Just get 4 pallets. Use the 4th as a supply of timber to cross brace the front corners, and one cross the back at the bottom and again were ever you need a back rest and then use the remaining slats to provide the seat. Have the side pallets slats horizontal so thet you can use them as the bearers for the seat boards and have the front pallet slats vertical so that if need be you can shoot though the gaps.

Doing it this way removes the need for additional posts etc.

Archived