The NRA cull continues

Gunsgobang88

Hi All,

It has just been announced that Phyllis Farnan (Director of Training)and Elaine Buttle (P.A. to the Gen. Sec.) are being made redundant from the NRA. Also going unfortunately is Chris Webb (Regional Manager)who many know as an excellent shot and keen competitor previously with pistol and latterly with gallery rifle. The latest figures I have heard is that up to 16 of 40 NRA/NSC staff are due for redundancy,

Alan

Hmmm.. I have just put in my application for NRA membership in order to gain access to intermediate ranges other than the 200 yards to 1000 yards 'jump' that I am currently limited to by my existing club memberships! NRA in any real danger???

They need to get rid of a few more yet. As far as the Regional Managers Post goes, Chris Webb is a good guy, did that job actually achieve anything? I akin his task to pushing custard uphill, no real desire to do anything from the hierarchy but someone who could be used as a voice, the only communications I ever saw from him were related the Landmarc Range Hire Charges going up and up and up.

Hmmm.. I have just put in my application for NRA membership in order to gain access to intermediate ranges other than the 200 yards to 1000 yards 'jump' that I am currently limited to by my existing club memberships! NRA in any real danger???

Hi Dave,

The idea behind all of this is to try and restore the NRA finances to some sort of equilibrium, anyone who has observed Bisley over the years can quote chapter and verse about missed opportunities, wrong decisions and unsatisfactory management. One can only hope that this is the point where things get turned around,

Alan

Archived