Alternative scopes

gazzar15

I am just looking about for my next scope. I have several Nightforce scopes and I am well pleased with them but to be honest I am of the opinion that the Schmidts etc are excellent pieces of kit but not worth the considerable additional expense.

What is the opinion on Minox ,High end Nikon and Sightron scopes?? I am looking to spend between £600 -£800 and require up to say 20x.

Thanks

Gary

Gary I think without doubt the Sightron due to the excellent reticle choice and turret configurations. I do like the Nikon scopes but they are aimed more at the hunting/tactical market?

A pretty conclusive vote for the Sightron. What about durability though ???

I think it was Baldie said the Sightrons have reliability issues but they do come with a fairly comprehensive lifetime replacement (not repair) warranty and I can't say I have ever heard of anyone having an issue with a Sightron and I have done plenty of rummaging on the web.

I am so impressed with the 8-32 i got last year that i have just bought a 6-24 as well. The moa-2 reticle with fine floating dot is without doubt the most easy to use holdover system with, as it says, two minutes to each hash on the reticle. So, if you dont want (or have time) to dial in, that's easy holdover to 20mins which will get most rounds out to at least 750yds!

If you don't want to switch to metric then this has to be the way forward.

My only potential criticism with regard to durability is that the tactical turrets could benefit from screw on covers like the target models have.

Rup

Archived