Foxpro Scorpion

The Foxpro FX3 & 5 have been regarded as the Rolls Royce of the electronic caller market for a while now with the only real down side being the flashlight size housing being too big to easily carry round

That is until now with the introduction of the new Foxpro Scorpion.The unit measures 7"x 5"x 2" so is quite a reduction from the FX models and easily fits in the pockets of a camo jacket

Below is the unit with the TX200 remote

IMG_0175.jpg

The following photo shows the unit with a box of 243 ammo for a size comparison

IMG_0177.jpg

Foxpro have managed to cut down the size by only using one speaker but the unit still carries up to 200 sounds (inc bear cub :)) stored on a micro sd card and has all the features (external speaker,decoy,charger)of the previous models.Everything is operated from the LCD remote which can be programmed with favourite calls and time delay so the actual unit has no external buttons

The unit opens on a hinge for the programming and battery change shown below

IMG_0180.jpg

In the field the volume obviously isn`t on a par with the FX stereo models but is still loud enough for any scenario and is undoubtedly more suited to the type of varminting that we do in the UK

As said the big selling point is that the unit will easily fit into a jacket pocket, Landrover dash or a Christmas stocking :D

More pics are available at www.gofoxpro.com and I`m sure Gary "Christmas discounts" Shootingbags can answer any questions :)

I`m off to try that bear call :o:)

• 1 year later...

All this gadgetry is rather new to me. ;)

What other decent electronic callers are there to compare the Foxpro Scorpion too?

Some of the US shooting supplier catalogues list 6 or 7 different makes, models, some with little jiggly attractors some with remote controls etc.

All this gadgetry is rather new to me. ;)

What other decent electronic callers are there to compare the Foxpro Scorpion too?

Some of the US shooting supplier catalogues list 6 or 7 different makes, models, some with little jiggly attractors some with remote controls etc.

fox pro do the attractors as well.

but i must say "WE" :P have not tried any that have the sound quality of the foxpro. and i have looked at a fair few.

ATB

Colin :D

fox pro do the attractors as well.

Yes I know. ;)

Whos we? I'm always interested in a consensus of opinions?I'd be interested in how you all judged the sound quality?

What ones have you compared it against and how?

Any legal buffs out there that can explain the law regarding the use of electronic calls.

Is it like the speed trap radar detectors. Not illegal to sell them, own them, but illegal to use them?

I'm pretty sure there's a law about the use of electronic call on geese and other migratory birds, is it the same of other species

Any legal buffs out there that can explain the law regarding the use of electronic calls.

Is it like the speed trap radar detectors. Not illegal to sell them, own them, but illegal to use them?

I'm pretty sure there's a law about the use of electronic call on geese and other migratory birds, is it the same of other species

You cannot use any type of electronic call on geese , crows etc ( unless for photographic purposes ) but you can use them for foxes.

They are not illegal to sell or own or use on foxes.

Radar detectors that use GPS to show a position of a radar or gatso are not illegal to use either.

You cannot use any type of electronic call on geese , crows etc ( unless for photographic purposes ) but you can use them for foxes.

They are not illegal to sell or own or use on foxes.

Radar detectors that use GPS to show a position of a radar or gatso are not illegal to use either.

Thank you.

I must assume having read the review that you sell them. Is there any official/legal document or web site that you could provide a link to that covers what you have posted.

I ask simply as I just like to keep such things on file for future reference, you never know when you might need it in these days of ever increasing numbers of busy bodies watching your every act.

Thank you.

I must assume having read the review that you sell them. Is there any official/legal document or web site that you could provide a link to that covers what you have posted.

I ask simply as I just like to keep such things on file for future reference, you never know when you might need it in these days of ever increasing numbers of busy bodies watching your every act.

It is in the Wildlife and Countryside act . You won't need it though if you don't use one and yes you are correct that these days there is an ever increasing number of busy bodies ;)

It is in the Wildlife and Countryside act . You won't need it though if you don't use one and yes you are correct that these days there is an ever increasing number of busy bodies ;)

Thanks

Any idea of which section/page?

I have been considering purchasing one, hence my questions. Pay once and get the best possible, has always been a winner for me over the years.

Thanks

Any idea of which section/page?

I have been considering purchasing one, hence my questions. Pay once and get the best possible, has always been a winner for me over the years.

Ernie,

No I don't but with respect, if as you said in your previous post "I ask simply as I just like to keep such things on file for future reference, you never know when you might need it" you obviously have a lot of time on your hands ;) . I am sure if you do a search and find the various acts, if you start now you might have the relevent section found in a day or two.

Ernie,

No I don't but with respect, if as you said in your previous post "I ask simply as I just like to keep such things on file for future reference, you never know when you might need it" you obviously have a lot of time on your hands ;) . I am sure if you do a search and find the various acts, if you start now you might have the relevent section found in a day or two.

Gary

I wish I did have time on my hands. :P Today has been my first day of self enforced R&R since Christmas.

I'll get on with the research for the necessary sections. I'll let you know if I manage to find them.

p.s you have a PM.

ive got to say, they are bloody good, never really tried any other callers, the scorpion seems to keep pulling them out of the bag.

they are expensive, but if you either really enjoy shooting foxes or have to shoot them out of necessity for work i would say well worth the spend.

the fact you set the caller down and activate from a distance is a big plus, had one or two that way. im sure coupled with the little furry twitchy thing in the day time they would account for drawing foxes in.

foxpro001.jpg

So wsm,what price do these Foxpro's go then..............martin.

Martin

If you contact Shootingbags I think that he would be able to offer you a better deal with being a forum member ;)

• 1 month later...

anyone had any problems with backing up the calls on your pc using the foxpro utility program

i am. ive followed the how to video to a t. when i clik on the drive that is the caller on the right hand side (k) nothing happens but if i do it on the left all the calls go in to the sourse sound file collum'

i went out and bought a usb 2.0 hub with external power but that has made no difference

can some one help

thanks

anyone had any problems with backing up the calls on your pc using the foxpro utility program

i am. ive followed the how to video to a t. when i clik on the drive that is the caller on the right hand side (k) nothing happens but if i do it on the left all the calls go in to the sourse sound file collum'

i went out and bought a usb 2.0 hub with external power but that has made no difference

can some one help

thanks

Just had a tel' conversation with Gary shooting bags and im now sorted

cheers Gary hope your stalking went well

tom

• 6 months later...
ive got to say, they are bloody good, never really tried any other callers, the scorpion seems to keep pulling them out of the bag.

they are expensive, but if you either really enjoy shooting foxes or have to shoot them out of necessity for work i would say well worth the spend.

the fact you set the caller down and activate from a distance is a big plus, had one or two that way. im sure coupled with the little furry twitchy thing in the day time they would account for drawing foxes in.

foxpro001.jpg

which sound do you find more effective

Archived