help me pick a scope

John RPA

hi guys looking for a new scope will be on my 6.5x47 i want it for stalking and targets out to 600yrds every month with my club will be doing 1000yrds couple of times a year,was looking at a premier or a bender i like high mag give us your thoughts please as i have only had middle of the road glass in the past and now have the funds to buy top end cheers

You'll have to make a compromise for a stalking/target scope

I would use either a NF 3.5-15x50 or 56 nxs or a Schmidt PM2 either 3-12 or a 4-16 , unlike you I'm not a fan of too high magnification, especially for stalking .

I've no experience of the march scopes but they do look good and they do some big mag models ?

Nightforce 5.5-22 x 56 will be my choice 5.5 power for last light stalking and 22 power more than adequate for 1000yds

8-32 x 56 the same rule really but probably not quite so suitable for a stalking scope JMO

Ian

Hi,

Well i prefer the zeiss i have two 6-24x56 with dial tuttetsand get on well with the, find they are better in that last crucial 10mins of light when its deer o clock!

Never owned a nightforce but depends weather paper shooting is more what the scope will be fore.

We all have different eyes and just go with what you belive is right for you.

Cloverleaf.

cheers guys its down to the lightforce or a pm2 then like the sport fine in the pm2 or the np2 in the nightforce.wouldnt call my deer shooting stalking more like ambush as they are making there way down a valley to the woods will let you know what i get cheers

Think about the new Sightron range of scopes, iv'e heard from a couple of fellow shooters who own them, and they say the optics are "as good as, or even better than" Nightforce, £500 cheaper, with a lifetime guarantee and excellent reviews.

Regards.

I have the NSX 8-32x56 and 5.5-22-56 NP2DD Nightforce and for the money you pay for them they take some beating i reckon, i know lots of chaps the use them and are very happy :)

Gaz

Archived