A murder of crows

JohnGalway

hi john have u info on the magpie and gray crow shooting season in ireland in the last few days the minster john gormaly from the green party would not sign the paper work for everyone to shoot them at anytime of year the nargc has informed the gunclubs that it is illegal to shoot them now as there will be a season on them just you could lose ur firearm licence i have just being told this today looks like the green party are trying to stop us doing our vermin control ????????????????

Can we poisen em? :lol:

Any idea when the seasons are?

Funny thing is we are not even alowed to shoot em with a rifle.

Anything with feathers and hare must be shot with a shotty.

As usual most laws are not for the good of the country side it's

just for some officials to show power.

edi

Heard he hadn't signed it alright. Two letters went out, one saying they weren't sure of the situation, the second letter saying that he would sign it and to carry on.

As far as I am aware there is nothing illegal about shooting safely landed winged vermin such as greycrows and magpies with rifles. A lot of people, especially on a particular Irish shooting forum think everything to do with shooting is illegal here, and i don't mind saying they are mainly target shooters who seem to look down on hunters. It is a case of being ill informed.

I don''t know anything about poision as I wouldn't use it on anything. Neither do i know about any proposed seasons, which if applied to vermin would be utterly ridiculous. It'd be like saying you can only do something about rats on a certain day of the week.

Ejg, I think you may be referring to game there regarding shotguns.

Now, this is a rant, I've left it to the end so anyone who doesn't want to read it can skip it. The Green Party in ireland are a bunch of fundamentalists. They would, if they were let, have us all walking around in sandals hugging trees and kissing foxes if we were to let them. I will not, and never will bow down to a group of ill informed urbanised idealists who's idea of the world is purely nonsensical. Their policies are plainly daft, oh love the animals but let the predators and vermin run riot. Great let's see how much wildlife is left after that bit of genius thinking.

I cannot stand those people and will never listen to them regardless of what position they worm themselves into, or that the schiesters in with them let them have. Take that to mean whatever ye like :lol: My days of internet forum arguing etc are long behind me :P

Ahh, I feel better now.

Not just in Ireland John, we have a whole goverment of tree hugging, fox kissing £$%holes here, given half a chance we would be banned in a minute from shooting never mind shooting poor misunderstood little foxes!

Anyway before it is illegal, had a good night duck flighting tonight, it was a poor night weatherwise, no moon , little wind and no high cloud. But the old cats eyes kicked in and I got 7 fat mallard, all drakes too which is nice. the other two lads got 3 between them and nicely home for seven oclock.

Redfox

Keep on keeping on Redfox :P Never got a duck myself, I had a few half hearted attempts. Not all too bothered, I like seeing them around the place too. Good to have people in the world who are passionate about things, whatever they might be, what we seem to be lacking more and more as the years go on is common sense and give and take. Keep on fighting for what you enjoy :lol:

Hi.

I was talking to an Irish friend tonight, he has heard nothing positive yet.

He says John Gormless goes to work on a GREEN bicycle followed by a Merc. with security folk inside.

He also told me they start lambing in Co.Kildare in January so I hope the pratts have it sorted soon.

As Redfox says we have bunny-huggers here.

Badgers are riddled with TB and as yet I have not heard of permission to cull them.

If Deer had TB there would have been an extermination plan executed long ago.

HWH.

Both green ministers do that.

Some farms will lamb before Christmas, we lamb around April mostly because of the bad land we have over here.

My hope is that the bigger parties, who aren't much better but would let the status quo be, will steal the green clothes therefore eliminating them from any further government.

I for one refuse to be discriminated against because of a minority townie agenda.

Guest 308Panther
we have a whole goverment of tree hugging, fox kissing £$%holes here,.

Redfox

Here too...

And I guess as far as that goes I am an animal lover too.....

Love em right next to the potatoes and smothered in gravy.

:lol:

308Panther

Archived