6mm BR

gazzar15

I have gotten round to tuning the ammo for my 6BR blaser barrel. I looked on the 6MMBR website and picked a couple of match loads specifically one for 105 gr a Max bullets using 29g of 4895 powder. When I checked the Hogdons website they don't list the amax in that weight, but do list a 107 gr bullet with a max load of 27.5 gr 4895 .I don't wish to over do the load and I will probably try and work up from say 26 gr. Has anybody used the 29gr load and if so is it too much????

Thanks

Gary

If you send me your specific rifle data I could run the figures through quickload for you. There are so many variables with rifles and bullets that a load running minimum pressure in one rifle could be running maximum pressures in another.

Send me the following data for your specific rifle and loads and I will send you a reload data chart with a lot of different powders combinations for you.

Case length

Case capacity

OAL Cartridge Length

Barrel length

Preferred bullets

JUST REMEMBER ALL SUGGESTED LOADS NEED TO BE WORKED UP EVEN IF USING QUICKLOAD DATA SAY THEY ARE SAFE JUST INCASE YOUVE MIS INPUTT SOME DATA

If you send me your specific rifle data I could run the figures through quickload for you. There are so many variables with rifles and bullets that a load running minimum pressure in one rifle could be running maximum pressures in another.

Send me the following data for your specific rifle and loads and I will send you a reload data chart with a lot of different powders combinations for you.

Case length

Case capacity

OAL Cartridge Length

Barrel length

Preferred bullets

RONNY -if asked very nicely would you run a few for me?thanks

Hiya Gary, as promised I have ran a quick report from quickload for you.

29 grains of H4895 appears to be a sensible max load for the combination quoted, its only a guide though so remember to work up slowly in small increments checking for pressure sign as you go.

I checked over the figures you sent me and I chose to use the smaller case capacity to keep on the safe side and I set the max pressure as 58000psi.

6mmbr.jpg?t=1326382989

Using your data above I would consider using any of the following powders;

Hodgdon H4895

Hodgdon VARGET

IMR 4320

IMR 3031

IMR 4895

Alliant Reloder-15

Hodgdon H414

Hodgdon H380

Vit 140

Vit 540

I have been using quickload for about a year now and have found it to be incredibly accurate at predicting the velocities of loads. I have used it on .243win, .222rem, .223ai and .308win and the predictions are never far from the real life data. I know some people are a little more skeptical than myself and maybe they have had some bad experiences, but I have always found it to be an excellent tool in my toolbox.

For quickload to work effectively its essential that the data loaded is accurate, if you want accurate data from quickload its not good enough to input estimated figures or the inaccurate data loaded will only generate inaccurate predictions, its the old saying, sh@te in, sh@te out !!!

As an example, I will use both ends of the scale with Gary's case capacities above. Gary has told me that his cases are between 38-39.5grains of H20. If I take the 38grains of H20 case capacity, the max pressure with 30 grains of H4895 powder is 62352psi, and velocity of 2827fps, but, if you take the case capacity as 39.5grains of H2O and 30 grains of H4895 the case capacity is only 56814psi and a velocity of 2780fps. There is a 9.75% increase in case pressure with the 2 different case capacities.

As you can see from the figures above, if you load vague/inaccurate data into quickload it will give you vague/inaccurate data back.

No offense meant or intended Gary, I am just trying to make a point about quickload.

Non taken Ronny

I looked up the H2O capacity and quoted the figures given by Lapua. Interesting data though. I have had the barrel for several months and have only recently started to play around with loads.I will report back when I get it sorted

Many Thanks

Gary

Archived