diggle -mist stops play

i went to diggle today to have a go in the mcqueens a good turnout 24shooters i think any ways

only 4 pairs [didnt count talking too much]shot before the mist descended and stopped the shoot the red flag on the hill was not visible.this lasted for 15mins then firing started again,me and my mate were called up to shoot 2 sighters now my arse was twitching,i had just opened the rifle case and a halt was called again :angry: :angry: this resulted in early dinner.the mist didnt lift and the shoot was called of at 1.00. just my luck!anyway we went down to A range to let off some steam for an hour.i did manage to let brian fox take some money off me for some goodies ,we still managed to get a lot of info off some of the lads there -so thanks to all a. good bunch.

just call him auntie wainwright (last of the summer wine) because when you walk in that shop you cant walk out without buying something not allowed ha ha sorry Brian but you know its true.

quote name='gunnery' timestamp='1326061237' post='113201']

just call him auntie wainwright (last of the summer wine) because when you walk in that shop you cant walk out without buying something not allowed ha ha sorry Brian but you know its true.

:lol: :lol: thats a good un for brian its like the tardis in there or being stood in a telephone box ,cant decide which one? but the guy is as genuine as the day is long so i dont mind keeping him in surgical stockings!

I chose to shoot first so at least got 12 rounds down the barrel before the fog. Winds were light and it wasnt raining and Diggle always sends you something from the skies.

hatzi -what rifle were you shooting? there were no 2 guns the same yesterday from stalking rifles to tacticool to bench i was surprised at this but talking to some of the lads it makes sense to compete with something you use often.

I was shooting the "forest camo" laminate stocked rem 700 in 260 with the 12-50 schmidt on top, first pair, on the left hand side. I only really shoot one of my own guns at diggle and stick to this, "tactical" and f-class shoots. I dont compete in f-class as im not within any class but enjoy shooting the longer ranges. If the gun didnt give it away, i was the one messing around with a camera.

The pics were just playing around with the lens, seeing if i could pick up the heads popping up and down at 200 yards on video, i stuck it on you tube but im planning on taking my mini tripod next time as i want to get a proper full 10 exposure video to fit in with some other info on mcqueens.

Archived