MCMILLAN STOCK

lee w 118

right then lads ,just picked me new stock up and paid £98 inport tax,colour is what i wanted but

it is a bit dull,any way i can polish it up,ie wet and dry.i have to say im a bit heavy handed

not alot of patience.but willing to give it ago,any info will be gladly recieved. ATB LEE

right then lads ,just picked me new stock up and paid £98 inport tax,colour is what i wanted but

it is a bit dull,any way i can polish it up,ie wet and dry.i have to say im a bit heavy handed

not alot of patience.but willing to give it ago,any info will be gladly recieved. ATB LEE

Hi Lee,

Just go softly with fine (1000 or 1200 grit) wet and dry using cork blocks or similar as backing and finish with a fine abrasive such as Autosolvol on a soft cloth,

Have fun

Alan

The trick is a bucket of warm water Lee, with a squirt of washing up liquid in it. This keeps the paper from clogging.Start with 600 grit, then 800 then 1200, until its all flat.

Then i find the best polish is T-cut. Its abrasive enough to buff out the scratches, but rapidly comes up to a brilliant shine. In short, its less elbow grease for the same finish as various grades of car polish.

Be careful when flatting. The gelcoat can be thin in places.

The trick is a bucket of warm water Lee, with a squirt of washing up liquid in it. This keeps the paper from clogging.Start with 600 grit, then 800 then 1200, until its all flat.

Then i find the best polish is T-cut. Its abrasive enough to buff out the scratches, but rapidly comes up to a brilliant shine. In short, its less elbow grease for the same finish as various grades of car polish.

Be careful when flatting. The gelcoat can be thin in places.

cheers dave ATB LEE

Archived