Hi lads,

Im after a decent lamp for mounting to the scope of my 22 semi auto for lamping rabbits but im not sure which one to go for as there is quite a few to choose from. Something with a dimmer and tje ability to fit different colour lenses is preferable.

I use a scope mounted lightforce on my 223 and 220 swift for foxing but id like something smaller and less bulky.

I use a surefire torch on my airwolf for rats etc around the farm but its just not the job for rabbiting.

Any suggestins?

Regards

Garry

Hi lads,

Im after a decent lamp for mounting to the scope of my 22 semi auto for lamping rabbits but im not sure which one to go for as there is quite a few to choose from. Something with a dimmer and tje ability to fit different colour lenses is preferable.

I use a scope mounted lightforce on my 223 and 220 swift for foxing but id like something smaller and less bulky.

I use a surefire torch on my airwolf for rats etc around the farm but its just not the job for rabbiting.

Any suggestins?

Regards

Garry

Hi Garry,

I've changed my lamp to a deben tri-star pro, it's good to 250m with a red filter, got a dimmer and lasts abouts four nights without charging and the battery weighs about two packs of fags.

my previous lamp was a gunlight 400 great lamp but eats batteries with a 100w bulb.

ATB

B

Hi lads,

Any suggestins?

Regards

Garry

Hi Garry,

I use a Cluson Shoot-a-Lite SL2, I find that it is a useful compromise between performance, weight and bulk. As a bonus the mounting system and wiring is far more durable than the Lightforce. The only disadvantage is that the mounting system for coloured filters is a little basic,

Cheers

Alan

Thanks guys for replying. Been searching on the net for all of the lamps that you have suggested. The deben tristar pro looks like the most appealing because its so compact, as long as the light is bright enough.

The clusion lools good but a bit big and the inovatech one looks a bit clumsy.

Ill take a trip to the gunshop and see if they have any of the above in stock to get a closer look.

Garry

Thanks guys for replying. Been searching on the net for all of the lamps that you have suggested. The deben tristar pro looks like the most appealing because its so compact, as long as the light is bright enough.

The clusion lools good but a bit big and the inovatech one looks a bit clumsy.

Ill take a trip to the gunshop and see if they have any of the above in stock to get a closer look.

Garry

Have been using ledray 700 tactical for a while and to good use, just purchased the ND 350,took it out last night - fantastic illumination on two small batteries. awsome bit of kit, last night was a wet and windy night, cut through it all, you can have illumination a size of a tennis ball to full flood and the distance is incredible we used that one to approx 300 yds and it would have gone a lot more, 500 metres on the box, incredible piece of kit

Archived