Friday NIght is Curry Night

Gunsgobang88

Hi All,

Should anyone find themselves at a loose end this coming Friday (9th) between 18:30 - 20:00 the OSM at Bisley are holding one of their regular curry evenings. Homemade curries, lovely clubhouse, roaring fire, bar open and plenty of rifle talk. All are welcome, just pm me or ring the club on 01483 799998. Look forward to seeing some UKV members,

Alan

If the meals we have had in the OSM in the past are anything to go by it will be a good curry. It is a just a bit far to call in for a Friday night otherwise I would be there!

If the meals we have had in the OSM in the past are anything to go by it will be a good curry. It is a just a bit far to call in for a Friday night otherwise I would be there!

Hi Davy,

We will save you some!

Cheers

Alan

Hi All,

Should anyone find themselves at a loose end this coming Friday (9th) between 18:30 - 20:00 the OSM at Bisley are holding one of their regular curry evenings. Homemade curries, lovely clubhouse, roaring fire, bar open and plenty of rifle talk. All are welcome, just pm me or ring the club on 01483 799998. Look forward to seeing some UKV members,

Alan

Fond memories of the Bisley club house...wish I could attend.

Hi Davy,

We will save you some!

Cheers

Alan

Well that is me sorted, I will have a curry tonight and think of you guys calculating how many minutes you need for the current gales. :rolleyes:

Given the weather and a choice I think I'd prefer to be in sunny San Diego!

Alan

LOL! Alan, I concede your point! It was 78*F (25*C?) yesterday out in the local desert (east, over the mountains from San Diego). It was a beautiful day for shooting (light 3mpg wind coming directly from 12 o'clock). With all the knuckle heads at the local Mall doing their Christmas shopping, it was nice, quiet and peaceful two hour drive out to the middle of no where. I'm sure it would boggle most UK shooters' minds, the fact that we just drive out until we don't see anyone else around and set up targets from 100-600 yds. Great for load development and such, just pack the chrono, table, shooting kit etc. and go. :)

Even had a "tacti-cool" moment yesterday (which I usually abhor), donning body armor,M-4 and mags, and setting up steel targets to bang down in rapid succession. I was a little rusty, but still managed to get back in the rhythm of the "bong-bong" cadence, as the double taps struck the 1/4" steel plates while walking towards the targets from 50 yds. Fun times, and a reminder that I haven't gotten so old (or fat & lazy) to have lost that particular set of muscle memories...

Cheers! ...And sorry for the rambling (I don't get out that much these days, and it was refreshing). :blush:

Archived