Bore guide for 17 Rem

Toby

Which boreguides do you guys use for 17 Rem? I have a couple for the 222 Rem and wondered if I could use them. One of them is a Mike Lucas job which when I contacted him about making me another for 17 Rem said use the 222 one. I am also thinking that after reading some other posts about Mr Lucas that he couldn't be bothered to make me another?

Basically I am wondering if I am better off using a 17 cal specific bore guide. Is for Sako 75.

Regards Toby

Which boreguides do you guys use for 17 Rem? I have a couple for the 222 Rem and wondered if I could use them. One of them is a Mike Lucas job which when I contacted him about making me another for 17 Rem said use the 222 one. I am also thinking that after reading some other posts about Mr Lucas that he couldn't be bothered to make me another?

Basically I am wondering if I am better off using a 17 cal specific bore guide. Is for Sako 75.

Regards Toby

Hi Toby,

Try the Pro-Shot No. 5. This is designed for .17 and fits a wide variety of actions. PM me if you are stuck, I am due a shipment of Pro-Shot stuff later this week,

Cheers

Alan

TOBY-use what you have i use a lucas for my 17 rem and 17fb they are good as are the pro shot whos rods are very good ,i dont think there is a magical bore guide out there you just have to use them correctley.

Archived